You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity pricing for future updates

Hi, 

I just recently found out about Affinity and have used photoshop and lightroom for years. They are not allowing us to use older versions and many are switching. Is the price for the software a 1 time fee with free upgrades for future releases? If I purchase through the app store, can I download on both my iPad pro and macbook or only one for that particular purchase? Is there any way I can try the software out somewhere before purchase? Thanks in advance for all your time and help.

• Staff

Hi Mushu3,
Welcome Affinity Forums :)
All minor updates (1.7, 1.8 etc) are free. Major version updates (from v1 to v2) are paid. Each OS requires its own license, so if you buy the Affinity apps from the Mac App Store for your Mac you can install it on all your Macs (assuming you are the only one using it for commercial purposes). For iOS you have to purchase another license (again you can install it on all iOS devices as long you are the only one using the Affinity apps for commercial purposes).

You can download the trial from these links:
https://affin.co/designertrial
https://affin.co/phototrial