You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Non Breaking Space - Publisher (.312 beta)

I checked it with polish text and can't reproduce it. I suppose it may be related to the czech (am I right?:D) hyphenation dictionary you're using.

Could you please mark the text language as some other and check if the problem exists? To do so select the faulty part of text (s + <non-breaking space> + the following letters) and in Character sidebar menu switch Language to i.e. English.

Hello SirPL,

thank you for reply to my previous post.

I did what you recommended and it looks like the problem with "non breaking space" is related to the czech hyphenation dictionary. If I switch Language to "English",  "non breaking space" works correctly.

But, If I want to replace Adobe InDesign by Affinity Publisher the problem with Czech language have to be solved. Unfortunately Czech Rep. is probably too small market for Serif company to incorporate czech language into Publisher software as a standard...;)

As you probably know Publisher supports hunspell dictionaries, so you are not bound by Serif at any point. You only need to find a dictionary (or more specific - hyphenation patterns) that work with the software.

I had similar problem with polish and I finally managed to find dictionary which works well, but I can't recall where I took it from.

You may try to google for:

site:github.com hyph_cs_CZ.dic 

Edited by SirPL
Wrong language code - should be cs_CZ instead of cz_CZ

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.