You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher to be released in (less than) 3 weeks time.

1 hour ago, Guillermo Forte said:

With the pre-order, Could I will download the app in the AppStore with a code o something?

You can’t apply the discount using the Mac AppStore. There will be an initial price reduction, but not so high as the reduction we are talking about here.

To enjoy the discount for beta testers, you have to follow the link provided by the respective email, which leads to the Affinity Store. In other words: To get the discount, you have to buy Publisher in the Affinity Store.

33 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

You can’t apply the discount using the Mac AppStore. There will be an initial price reduction, but not so high as the reduction we are talking about here.

To enjoy the discount for beta testers, you have to follow the link provided by the respective email, which leads to the Affinity Store. In other words: To get the discount, you have to buy Publisher in the Affinity Store.

My email address has been having problems and I have not received the mail from Affinity, how do I contact someone re the preorder?

I would like to preorder for Mac and Windows.

51 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

@Pebowski: No need of a special version. You can choose the application language in Publisher’s General Preferences.

@mac_heibu: Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean the language of the app, but the language of the mail, that I received.

Regards,
Peter

23 minutes ago, PeterBreis said:

My email address has been having problems and I have not received the mail from Affinity, how do I contact someone re the preorder?

I would like to preorder for Mac and Windows.

@Ash told us, that starting this evening there will be a order possibility from Publisher’s welcome screen: One of the „slides“ will lead you to the order page.

Ash wrote: 

Hi All - not sure if this has been said already, but we will be putting a slide in the Publisher Beta welcome screen (Help -> Welcome) which will offer the pre-order for the additional discount for beta testers. This should go live tomorrow late afternoon / evening. This will allow anyone using the beta to claim that discount in the event they haven't received the email, and will also allow you to claim twice (or an additional time if you've already used your email voucher) if you want to get both the Window and Mac version at the beta tester price.

6 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Hi @Pebowski,

You should find that you can change your email language preferences if you log into your account on affinity.serif.com, via 'Account Details' / 'Manage your email marketing preferences'.

Hi @AdamW,

thank you, that was it. I had looked in my profile, but the link 'Manage your email marketing preferences' I have overlooked.

Regards,
Peter

Would it be possible to make the Affinity Store "recognize" the Mac App Store versions of Designer and Photo? Even manually. I don't think the Affinity Store had the Mac versions back in the days I bought them (last summer I think), but I'd prefer to have them all in one place (it's a long shot I know). 

On 6/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, Patrick Connor said:

The decision was made for the personas to be active only in the purchased version of Affinity Publisher, when the Purchased versions of Affinity Designer 1.7.x and/or Affinity Photo 1.7.x have been installed (and run). [These Personas will therefore not appear in the free Public beta, but may function in the later customer betas.]

If you want to wait intil there is a trial of Affinity Publisher you will be able to test these personas (IF you have purchased the relevant sister application that enables the button)

Is the upgrade of the purchased versions of Affinity Designer and Affinity Designer to 1.7 free?

16 hours ago, Ash said:

Hi All - not sure if this has been said already, but we will be putting a slide in the Publisher Beta welcome screen (Help -> Welcome) which will offer the pre-order for the additional discount for beta testers. This should go live tomorrow late afternoon / evening.

I can confirm that this has worked now for me, as well (after the initial email never arrived and the code unfortunately didn't work. Customer service was good as always, though)

Thanks for an additional path to the pre-order offer. Which I took advantage of :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Even though I've used two beta versions of Publisher, and even though I bought Photo and Designer, nothing shows up in the order history. Part of the problem is that I purchased Photo and Designer through the Mac store. I'm not aware of any way to register those purchases with Affinity.

It would be nice to take advantage of the 30% discount, but without a history, how does one do that?

• Staff

@UnicornTapestry

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums :) 

Restart the Affinity Publisher beta software and look in the Welcome screen for a page one that says "We Made it together". Click on that and claim the 30% off price of the pre-order.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

@UnicornTapestry

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums :) 

Restart the Affinity Publisher beta software and look in the Welcome screen for a page one that says "We Made it together". Click on that and claim the 30% off price of the pre-order.

Thanks, Patrick. I'm afraid neither Beta version gets that far. Both Mac betas throw up a message box (without a window) saying the beta has expired and provide a link supposedly to a download page which ends up with a 404 not found.

• Staff

@UnicornTapestry

Forget any old expired betas, v_kyr has given you a link to the post for latest public free beta of Affinity Publisher for MacOS. At the top is a download link. Install that and use the link in there.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 6/3/2019 at 2:26 PM, skiphunt said:

I bought and update my Affinity Photo + Designer through the Apple Store. If I buy the beta launch special from the email, does that mean my Publisher install won't be updated through the Apple Store like my other Affinity apps?

I think I'd rather keep my Publisher purchase with my Designer and Photo purchases within the AppStore. The pre-launch price is only $5 more than the beta discount. Does anyone know what the launch price from the Apple AppStore will be? If it's only $5 more than the beta discount, I'll just buy it on launch day from the Appstore.

• Staff

It will be a 20% discount on launch, so for you yes $5USD

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Here's a slight rant... but somewhat related. 

I needed to layout a paperback book that I wanted to publish on Amazon in print, as Kindle, and in the Apple Book store. Nothing too complicated. Photo cover, and a photo for each one of the chapters, etc. Basic novel layout.

I didn't want to undertake it with Publisher because it was in beta and I wasn't completely familiar with it yet. My InDesign is expired and I've deleted it already.

So, I decided to just do it all in Apple Pages. It seemed easy enough, had some Apple store publishing built-in. The few things I've done in it were pretty easy, etc.

Several weeks later... I've had nothing but headaches with Pages. Nothing intuitive. Issues that I can't resolve without deleting and starting over. Formatting problems, etc. 

Has anyone used Pages for a book project before? Is it really this bad, or likely user error?

If it is actually this bad, is Publisher much better for book layout with flowing text that you're going to publish in print AND as epub/iBook, etc.?

2 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

But, mr Skip, We are toward an 1.0 release of something totally new here (not the Publisher alone though), and if you hav'nt already had time to test the Publisher/Designer/Photo-integration yet, you will soon see why Affinity Suite is the future for us semiPro and amateur users!

Affinity Suite will be like AUM on the iPad; it's there everything starts!

So, if you coming back to this software soon enough many "wanted" functions will be there, probably including Epub-export...

I know. I'm firmly in the Affinity camp. I was just frustrated earlier after spending the last couple of days trying to get Pages to format something correctly. And the Apple store keeps cutting off the bottom of my pages when viewed on iPads. There's more that hasn't gone well too. Was just venting some frustration.  

I'm very much looking forward to completely switching over to Publisher, to be honest.