You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher to be released in (less than) 3 weeks time.

• Staff
2 hours ago, Steps said:

Nope, still nothing. Also no answer from support.

Can you please make transparent how Serif decides who is eligable for a discount and who not?

Is it measured by reported bugs or how valuable the devs think the suggestions were?

I'm sad. 

Support will get back to you I'm sure, as I can see you are eligible. [ive just seen their first reply and have corrected them as you are eligible]

This Affinity Publisher pre-order has gone to everyone  who added Affinity Publisher Public beta to their  Affinity Store account before Sunday who we can email. However of that list, there are some beta testers who we have not sent the offer to, because they have unsubscribed from all communications in the past. That is over 10,000 contacts that for technical and GDPR reasons we cannot contact with this offer. However if any of them contact us directly we can provide the offer (to those who are eligible). Unsubscribing from marketing communications using the link in an email results in this inability to send offers. That may or may not be the case with you, but you asked me to make transparent who was eligible.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

No mail for me, bought Designer and Photo back in March 2018, so I should be on the list? I cannot recall if unsubscribed from communications in the past. But nevermind, will buy at any price. :D

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

bought Designer and Photo back in March 2018, so I should be on the list?

The email is evidently being sent out to those who signed up for the Publisher beta program, regardless of whether or not you have either of the other apps.

26 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Support will get back to you I'm sure, as I can see you are eligible. [ive just seen their first reply and have corrected them as you are eligible]

This Affinity Publisher pre-order has gone to everyone  who added Affinity Publisher Public beta to their  Affinity Store account before Sunday who we can email. However of that list, there are some beta testers who we have not sent the offer to, because they have unsubscribed from all communications in the past. That is over 10,000 contacts that for technical and GDPR reasons we cannot contact with this offer. However if any of them contact us directly we can provide the offer (to those who are eligible). Unsubscribing from marketing communications using the link in an email results in this inability to send offers. That may or may not be the case with you, but you asked me to make transparent who was eligible.

Thank you very much.

I can see now how this happened. Yes, I unsubscribed before, because I read the forums and was thinking the offer would appear in the store. Now I know better.

I got my offer mail now. :)

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

4 minutes ago, fde101 said:

sent out to those who signed up for the Publisher beta program

Maybe language barriers, maybe I am too old and silly ... so having an order date and an order number for Publisher Beta is evidently not the same as signing up for the Publisher beta programme?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

4 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Maybe language barriers, maybe I am too old and silly ... so having an order date and an order number for Publisher Beta is evidently not the same as signing up for the Publisher beta programme?

That's not the same thing as what you had reported in your post.

36 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

if any of them contact us directly we can provide the offer (to those who are eligible)

• Staff

Steps

1 hour ago, Steps said:

I ... was thinking the offer would appear in the store.

That may not easily have been restricted to Publisher beta users. 

In fact shortly a pre-order will be available to anyone (for a lesser % offer) and an email sent to all other Customers (who have not unsubscribed).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 6/3/2019 at 10:55 AM, mshustov said:

Hi guys

Can someone explain to me

how can you preorder something that still doesnt work

i downloaded latest beta version and buttons "designer persona" and "photo persona" still doesnt work

why?

I pre-ordered simply because I LOVE Affinity Designer and Photo, AND I want to show my support early and often!

But I agree, w/every Publisher beta download, I'd try the Designer/Photo personas to consistently be greeted w/NO JOY as to the functionality working.

How can Publisher be considered ready for release if we've never had an opportunity to try out the Designer and Photo personas - don't even know what can be done w/the extra functionality!??

Just saying....

-Will

• Staff
1 minute ago, WillBellJr said:

How can Publisher be considered ready for release if we've never had an opportunity to try out the Designer and Photo personas

Internal and private testing has covered this functionality. We may have missed a few things (I hope not), but these personas have been looked at in detail.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

38 minutes ago, WillBellJr said:

I pre-ordered simply because I LOVE Affinity Designer and Photo, AND I want to show my support early and often!

"... early and often ..." in my family that only applies to voting.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Is it possible to pre-order a Windows and a Mac version? I use both platforms.

From other posts/topics I think you will need to contact affinityorders@serif.com for assistance. The pre-order they emailed to us seems to be for one or ther other, not both.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
6 minutes ago, artokmt said:

How Publisher multipage document open in Designer or Photo? Have 1.7 Photo and Designer page selector? Beta versions opens only one page.

I have not seen this in Designer or Photo despite asking development a number of times. It is meant to appear ONLY for Publisher (multipage) documents. Sorry it seems to have missed the 1.7.0 release (at least on Windows). 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

Hi All - not sure if this has been said already, but we will be putting a slide in the Publisher Beta welcome screen (Help -> Welcome) which will offer the pre-order for the additional discount for beta testers. This should go live tomorrow late afternoon / evening. This will allow anyone using the beta to claim that discount in the event they haven't received the email, and will also allow you to claim twice (or an additional time if you've already used your email voucher) if you want to get both the Window and Mac version at the beta tester price.

Note - there will be a pre-order offer slide appear in Photo and Designer tomorrow too, but it's only if you follow the link from the slide in the Publisher beta where you get the extra 10% ;)

Hope that helps with some of these questions. We're incredibly grateful for all the support you have given us during the beta and are really keen to make sure you all get the opportunity to get the extra discount, and figured this was the best way to make that happen.

Thanks,
Ash

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

14 hours ago, WillBellJr said:

Same for me ;)

I mostly work in Designer, from time to time I use Photo for some retouching stuff. I don’t think I will use Publisher as those two applications but who knows :) 

15 hours ago, WillBellJr said:

But I agree, w/every Publisher beta download, I'd try the Designer/Photo personas to consistently be greeted w/NO JOY as to the functionality working.

How can Publisher be considered ready for release if we've never had an opportunity to try out the Designer and Photo personas - don't even know what can be done w/the extra functionality!??

Just saying....

-Will

Yes. I love them too. but I cant buy something that I even didnt SEE working.

Right now actually i dont love them as much , because updates became very rare, but we still need some more functionality for AD which is lacking

I'm one of the lucky ones who received the e-mail on the first day - and i immediatly preordered it - so everything went fine! :-)

I only have a little question: I got the English version of the e-mail, but I have seen, that there also exists a German version. Is there a special setting. where you can decide which version you get? I think from the newsletter I always get both versions, but I'm not sure.

Best regards,
Peter