You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher to be released in (less than) 3 weeks time.

28 minutes ago, JohnWhi said:

Good news, and I bought the update within a couple of minutes, the only problem being that the order button crashed Safari, though the confirmation e-mail showed it had gone through. I wondered whether I needed to buy a second copy for a second computer. My Affinity Photo from the Mac App Store can be installed on any of my computers using my log-in. Most programs can be installed on two personal computers provided they are not running at the same time. I suspect this could be true for Affinity programs. Can anyone point me to the licensing details? 

I had to do a bit of hunting for this very question earlier today, but I found this information here:

https://store.serif.com/en-us/help/

To spare you a click:

How many computers can I install a digital product on?

Serif Software is platform specific. If you wish to use Serif Software on both Mac and Windows platforms, you must purchase a license for each.

As a private individual, you can download, install, use and run for personal use, one copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running either (depending on your purchased license) Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) or macOS (“Mac Computer”) that you personally own or control.

As a commercial enterprise, you can download, install, use and run one copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) or Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that they use, own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that you own or control.

An End User License Agreement (EULA) is offered to the user for acceptance on product installation and can be read here.

• Staff
1 hour ago, mac_heibu said:

Hm, did everyone here get the email? Am I the only one, who didn’t up to now? :(

and

29 minutes ago, Boldlinedesign said:

I'm still waiting to get my Publisher email. I downloaded the Publisher beta back when it was first available. 

and

29 minutes ago, Thomas_Photo said:

I also haven't received an e-mail yet. Can anyone please just post a screenshot what's inside? :D

Did you sign up for the beta at https://affinity.serif.com/publisher before Sunday? (not just found it on the forums)

Did you search your Junk/Spam folders for an email from affinity@serif.com ?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 hour ago, skiphunt said:

I bought and update my Affinity Photo + Designer through the Apple Store. If I buy the beta launch special from the email, does that mean my Publisher install won't be updated through the Apple Store like my other Affinity apps?

That does mean that Publisher will be from the Affinity Store not like your other applications. We will likely have a launch offer in every store, but it will not be 30% price reduction, which is reserved for beta testers and is pre-launch only

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

6 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

and

and

Did you sign up for the beta at https://affinity.serif.com/publisher before Sunday? (not just found it on the forums)

Yes I downloaded the Beta Publisher months back from the publisher page - not the forum - nothing in my emails yet. 

Hi, I have not received the email yet either.  I signed up for the beta when it started and have been using it ever since.

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Pro / 32GB / macOS 13.3.1

iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd Gen 2018 / iPadOS 16.4.1

iPad Mini 6th Gen - 2021 / iPadOS 16.4.1

@Patrick Connor

Okay. So, if one prefers to purchase through the Apple App Store and receive updates through that channel, one should wait and perhaps get a 20% discount.

Is there a benefit to purchasing all three apps through one channel (Apple or Serif) as opposed to a mix of channels (e.g., Designer and Photo via Apple, and Publisher via Serif)?

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Boldlinedesign said:

Yes I downloaded the Beta Publisher months back from the publisher page - not the forum - nothing in my emails yet. 

If it has not turned up by tomorrow I  suggest that you contact affinityorders@serif.com and explain the situation to them (preferably containing your Affinity Publisher  beta order number from the beta download confirmation email sent from affinitystore@serif.com )

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

@Patrick Connor

Okay. So, if one prefers to purchase through the Apple App Store and receive updates through that channel, one should wait and perhaps get a 20% discount.

yes

2 minutes ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

Is there a benefit to purchasing all three apps through one channel (Apple or Serif) as opposed to a mix of channels (e.g., Designer and Photo via Apple, and Publisher via Serif)?

convenience? for Apple Mac App Store there's the ease of installs on other devices via the family sharing facility. There's not much really it's your choice. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I received the email with a huge discount. This software provides unbelievable value comparing to the cost of the software. BTW, I had a drop down option to choose either Windows or Mac, so I believe mac owners can pre-order it also.

I have to say thank you so much for Serif for a person from a 3rd world country. Here in my country, the average monthly salary is around $200-250, designers can't purchase adobe CC for $50 (around 25% of their monthly salary). But three apps for just $150 for a couple of years before you can upgrade, (or for less with discounts) is totally affordable.

And please, if you can implement Complex text layout to support RTL languages like Arabic will be a huge benefit too, since most low salary countries exist in Africa and Asia where they need CTL and Serif Affinity pricing is the most compelling to.

I don't have that email (Affinity Publisher  beta order number from the beta download confirmation email sent from affinitystore@serif.com) in my folders either - this whole thing is frustrating and irritating me more than it should. I know I downloaded it from the Affinity site and not the forums. 

• Staff
1 minute ago, Boldlinedesign said:

I don't have that email (Affinity Publisher  beta order number from the beta download confirmation email sent from affinitystore@serif.com) in my folders either - this whole thing is frustrating and irritating me more than it should. I know I downloaded it from the Affinity site and not the forums. 

Log back into your Affinity Store account, your order number is there too

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Awesome! I logged in to my account and I found the Publisher Beta I downloaded from August and December 2018 -not sure why I ended up getting it twice! lol

Do I email the Affinity team as you suggested earlier and give them one of the order numbers from when I got Publisher in 2018?

11 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

If it has not turned up by tomorrow I  suggest that you contact affinityorders@serif.com and explain the situation to them (preferably containing your Affinity Publisher  beta order number from the beta download confirmation email sent from affinitystore@serif.com )

Thanks Patrick.  Will do, I found my order number on the Affinity store Account info (didn't have an email).

Excited that Publisher is coming out of beta!  Outstanding work from team Serif.

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Pro / 32GB / macOS 13.3.1

iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd Gen 2018 / iPadOS 16.4.1

iPad Mini 6th Gen - 2021 / iPadOS 16.4.1

• Staff
15 minutes ago, Boldlinedesign said:

Do I email the Affinity team as you suggested earlier and give them one of the order numbers from when I got Publisher in 2018?

Yes if the offer does not appear from Affinity@serif.com then email AffinityOrders@serif.com and ask for some assistance with that order number

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I did not receive an mail,  but I also did not subscribe to the newsletter until now. I was not aware that I need to. :|

I also want to pre-purchase. Please take my money! :25_money_mouth:

Will there be a second batch of mails?

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

• Staff
Just now, Steps said:

Will there be a second batch of mails?

Anyone on our mailing list who was not in the Publisher beta group will be contacted soon enough with your own pre-order opportunity, or you can purchase after launch

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

12 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

or you can purchase after launch

For the full price I guess.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Steps said:

For the full price I guess.

We often do a launch discount of the software and sales to announce updates. For a short while after the Affinity Publisher launch there will be a price reduction (sale)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
Just now, Mark Oehlschlager said:

Will there be a Publisher Workbook available at launch date in addition to revised versions of the Designer and Photo Workbooks?

No, not yet. It has not been started but I expect we will

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

29 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Anyone on our mailing list who was not in the Publisher beta group will be contacted soon enough with your own pre-order opportunity

I was a beta tester, but not in the mailing list. :|

I mailed to support and hope they can sort this out. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

and

and

I don‘t understand. I am an active Publisher beta tester since e the beginning of the program. No email in the spam folder.

So, how to proceed?

• Staff
30 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

I don‘t understand. I am an active Publisher beta tester since e the beginning of the program. No email in the spam folder.

So, how to proceed?

9 posts up

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

3 hours ago, skiphunt said:

I bought and update my Affinity Photo + Designer through the Apple Store. If I buy the beta launch special from the email, does that mean my Publisher install won't be updated through the Apple Store like my other Affinity apps?

If you buy from Affinity's web store the  Publisher install won't be updated through the Apple Store like your other Affinity apps. I have a few applications I originally bought long before there was an OS X let alone an App Store and those companies still exist and I continue to update through their websites. I'd have rather bought Photo and Designer from Affinity but I can't recall if I was unaware of their webstore or if it even existed. Doesn't bother me that updates won't be through the Apple site for Publisher, the app itself will check for updates when you start it up (if you are connected to the internet).

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.