You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher to be released in (less than) 3 weeks time.

Thank you!

I can't wait for that one. Once this is out, bye bye inDesign. 

I subscribed to updates for Affinity Publisher but didn't received any emails. Where is the link to pre-order. Also, "after 1.0 release" means version 2 or it will be in v1.

I am asking this because I think that we have to pay for every version right? And I want to buy the one with the data merge :) 

5 minutes ago, Luigi Nica said:

Does it have the data merge feature?

As far as I know not yet. The release does not mean the product has all requested features -- it only means the currently supported features are stable. And that they would like to finally make money out of this 2 years development (if not longer).

• Staff
18 hours ago, Luigi Nica said:

Thank you!

I can't wait for that one. Once this is out, bye bye inDesign. 

I subscribed to updates for Affinity Publisher but didn't received any emails. Where is the link to pre-order. Also, "after 1.0 release" means version 2 or it will be in v1.

I am asking this because I think that we have to pay for every version right? And I want to buy the one with the data merge :) 

It will be during the 1.x cycle of the app (so before v2.0 comes out). [EDIT] Data Merge wasn't yet confirmed for Publisher's roadmap. My apologies for the mistake.[EDIT]

All minor updates are free (1.7x, 1.8, etc). Major updates (from v1 to v2 for example) are paid. Regarding the pre-order e-mail just wait a little bit. It's possible we are still sending them out.

Thanks to the Serif team for all their hard work on Betas for Publisher, Designer and Photo. Also to all of you Beta testers out there!  

Have successfully pre-ordered Publisher and looking forward to Jun 19th (though I'm not ditching Pageplus or PhotoPlus YET cos after years of working with them I do still find some things easier with them, though not necessarily better!

Pman

• Staff
1 hour ago, MEB said:

Does it have the data merge feature?

It will be during the 1.x cycle of the app (so before v2.0 comes out).

@MEB, I have not heard this. Are you sure???

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Costco often has $100 (4x$25) gift cards for around $85! However with only a 20% discount on the app store I think the 30% through Serif is the better deal on launch.

Um, 85% times 80% equals 68% which is cheaper than 70%. But I quibble, it is your money after all.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
4 minutes ago, robert joseph bailey said:

I agree, and can confirm.

Answered here, in that it will be available in the release builds, trials and customer betas going forward, when suitable purchased versions or trial versions are found

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Will the stable version just overwrite beta? Or will it import all settings, swatches, assets, styles etc. from beta?

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

• Staff
1 minute ago, souacz said:

Or will it import all settings, swatches, assets, styles etc. from beta?

It will import them, so you will need to export the settings and assets etc that are important to you. 

3 minutes ago, souacz said:

Will the stable version just overwrite beta?

(Future) customer betas will overwrite the public beta making these settings active again once the Public beta expires.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

3 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

It will import them, so you will need to export the settings and assets etc that are important to you. 

Bad news, I thought that no operations would be necessary. I've introduced a lot of interface settings and have tons of assets, shapes and styles, which I introduced slowly while testing beta. Is there any method to import everything with one click?

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Um, 85% times 80% equals 68% which is cheaper than 70%. But I quibble, it is your money after all.

I said ON LAUNCH the 30% off deal is better. There is no gift card deal at Costco right now. Even so, by my math, going to App Store / Gift Card route is almost the same as the beta tester deal... Canadian Price $69.99 - 20% = $55.99 - 15% gift card deal = $47.59. Doesn't matter anyway.

• Staff
14 hours ago, souacz said:

Is there any method to import everything with one click?

Not quite but I understand the relevant files can be copied across quite easily from   '%appdata%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 Beta' folder into the '%appdata%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0' folder (from memory i'm on my phone).

We will write and pin a post in Questions forum around release as this will be quite common request.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

OK, that's just one-click action, thanks

-----

I bought and update my Affinity Photo + Designer through the Apple Store. If I buy the beta launch special from the email, does that mean my Publisher install won't be updated through the Apple Store like my other Affinity apps?

Good news, and I bought the update within a couple of minutes, the only problem being that the order button crashed Safari, though the confirmation e-mail showed it had gone through. I wondered whether I needed to buy a second copy for a second computer. My Affinity Photo from the Mac App Store can be installed on any of my computers using my log-in. Most programs can be installed on two personal computers provided they are not running at the same time. I suspect this could be true for Affinity programs. Can anyone point me to the licensing details?