You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher to be released in (less than) 3 weeks time.

I tried to pre-order, but the link isn't working for me. The site seems to be down.

Clipboard01.jpg

P.S. Just realised this is the Mac Forum and I had the Windows beta — not that that should make a difference in ordering.

Site Overload!?!?

NEW Affinity Publisher site down within 30 mins of the email:

Temporarily down for maintenance

We are performing scheduled maintenance on the Affinity store. We should be back online shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience.

MacOS 10.14.5  –  MBP   –  16Gb DDR  –  500Gb Crucial SSD

Affinity Publisher (beta)   Affinity Designer   Affinity Photo

15 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Site Overload!?!?

NEW Affinity Publisher site down within 30 mins of the email:

Temporarily down for maintenance

We are performing scheduled maintenance on the Affinity store. We should be back online shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience.

The Site's back up now.

Publisher pre-ordered!  :)

Only two weeks and a bit to go...

Edited by StevieB
can't count!

• Staff
40 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Only a week and a bit to go...

Till what? < hint Publisher is 2 and a bit weeks to go  /hint >

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
31 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

Is it possible to pre order on the Mac AppStore?

This is not supported on the Mac App Store. You can order on launch from Mac App Store or Affinity Store but it is not likely to be at this higher level of discount (available to beta testers).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks for the info ... I'll wait until it's on the AppStore then, even if there's a small difference in price -- thought the AppStore had the same functionality as the one on my Phone (they do preorders there).

When I bought Designer and Photo they weren't available outside the AppStore, so I'll just do it this way for now and order directly from Serif, when I upgrade to version 2 in the (far) future.

• Staff
1 minute ago, mshustov said:

how can you preorder something that still doesnt work

i downloaded latest beta version and buttons "designer persona" and "photo persona" still doesnt work

The decision was made for the personas to be active only in the purchased version of Affinity Publisher, when the Purchased versions of Affinity Designer 1.7.x and/or Affinity Photo 1.7.x have been installed (and run). [These Personas will therefore not appear in the free Public beta, but may function in the later customer betas.]

If you want to wait intil there is a trial of Affinity Publisher you will be able to test these personas (IF you have purchased the relevant sister application that enables the button)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

For StevieB: Don't let it get to you,  I'm easily confused too. I'm confused about today, let alone what will happen in two or three weeks. 

For mshustov: What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve. Maybe the Persona buttons will work in two or three weeks! Maybe, all kinds of little undocumented tweaks and goodies will suddenly be revealed! If so, that will REALLY confuse me.....

MacOS 10.14.5  –  MBP   –  16Gb DDR  –  500Gb Crucial SSD

Affinity Publisher (beta)   Affinity Designer   Affinity Photo

32 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Till what?

Until we have our lovely new release Publisher firmly placed on the dock in the middle with Photo and Designer on either side.   Mine is already preordered, and I am so happy for you all at Affinity.  You have worked so tirelessly, so patiently, and so brilliantly to bring this to us.    Thank you again and again!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

54 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

This is not supported on the Mac App Store. You can order on launch from Mac App Store or Affinity Store but it is not likely to be at this higher level of discount (available to beta testers).

I waited to jump in and purchase both Designer and Photo until they were on the app store for 30% off in the past. Then I used iTunes gift cards that were at a discounted price as well, making it and even better price. Too bad I won't be able to do that this time, unless I wait again for the 30% discount on the app store which may or may not even happen.

Sometimes it baffles me, how cleverish people can be when buying something — it's not that I don't appreciate a nice discount, but Serifs software is SO fairly priced for what it does, that I don't worry about a couple percent ...

Will keep your method in mind for other purchases though, Jeremy. Didn't know AppStore offered giftcards, especially discounted one ... gonna keep my eyes open.

6 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

Will keep your method in mind for other purchases though, Jeremy. Didn't know AppStore offered giftcards, especially discounted one ... gonna keep my eyes open.

Costco often has $100 (4x$25) gift cards for around $85! However with only a 20% discount on the app store I think the 30% through Serif is the better deal on launch.