You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What Happened to DUPLICATE functionality?

• Staff

Hi deeds,
If you are referring to Power Duplicate (cmd+J) it still does as long as you don't deselect the object during the process. So after creating the first duplicate and pressing cmd+J, transform the duplicate as you want (without ever deselect the object) then press cmd+J again. The changes should be replicated in the subsequent duplicate.

Sorry. Perhaps I'm not asking clearly. Why is there now a Duplicate that is NOT Power Duplicate?

I have only ever known (and heavily relied upon) Duplicate always operating as you describe the operation of what you call "Power Duplicate".

And I only ever want Power Duplicate to be how Duplicate works. But, unfortunately, Duplicate is no longer doing the "Power" part of the duplication. 

Have just tested in the new store update, by way of changing shortcut to Command+D, and it's working fine.

The issues I describe above were happening in the last beta and then the store update, but that was a carryover shortcut. Having reassigned it, and created a conflict with Deselect and then fixed that conflict, it's now working as it used to work.

THANK YOU!!!

On shortcuts, do you think you could add something that jumps me to the place where the conflict is when I assign a conflicting shortcut, but want to use it and change what it conflicts with?

And the ability to add more than one shortcut for a single command. I'd like to have both Command+D for Duplicate, and just plain D, too. However it being just plain D causes problems if the focus is on a text or numeric data entry field, as it enters a d rather than performing the operation. Hence needing Command+D sometimes, but not all the time.

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Still the duplicate command from the menus is not working in the retail version (1.7).

I'm glad, in a weird way, that there actually is something wrong. I thought something was wrong with me for the longest time. I was picking up and dragging and testing and trying to figure out whys it wasn't working for ages, and actually went back toooooooo something that won't be mentioned, to do some quick iterative stuff.

btw, I edited one of the sample files and then tried to save it. That didn't work, so then I tried to copy out what I'd done, and closed the sample file, to then make a new file and paste my experiments into the new file. That didn't work as the clipboard was empty. Which was weird.

It works all the other time, just not out of a sample file.

Perhaps Connected:

Command + A I use for select all. I think this is standard.

When Entering Corner Tool, Command + A does nothing. If I choose a vertex, it still does nothing.

However the menu choice, from the drop down, it works correctly:

288695403_ScreenShot2019-06-11at2_20_39am.png.bbbc7baaa98fb0c9445993d447f71e29.png