You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke Properties - thin, thick, thin

Hi, 

In Stroke properties, both in Publisher and the Designer app, the settings for a stroke and be make think - thick - thin yet the results in a stroke do not show as such. 

As this photo below.  Settings, bottom yet the top, which is the line I'm working on stays fat.  Oddly enough this is also true in my iPad Designer app.  What am I doing wrong or is this a quirk? 

image.png.d2275e9fb83b43ba44c2f03fcafc49b2.png

Only the Brush width setting will effect the stroke I'm working on. as below/ 

Size variance and Opacity variance do not effect the stroke I'm working on. 

This truly would be a kick butt feature over InDesign and Quark.  (note i am using CS4, not sure about CC) 

image.png.3951ebe00d3332479b1dfa4531efecd7.png

Those control how the size and opacity of the stroke is modified by the amount of pressure exerted on a pressure-sensitive pen, such as when using a Wacom tablet.  If you are using a mouse or other input device that lacks pressure sensitivity then the "pressure" is effectively held constant and you won't see the variance.

You can modify the pressure levels after the fact using the "Pressure" popup within the stroke popup.

@fde101 But the Size / Opacity variance is set as "Velocity".

According to the help file…

The controller pop-up menu varies the brush size and opacity according to a particular input: 'Pressure' for graphics tablets, and 'Velocity' or 'Velocity Inversed' for mice. The last two options simulate pressure relative to the speed of mouse movement.

@BLKay Ensure that you are using the Vector Brush or Pencil Tool to draw your curve, the Pen Tool will not register Velocity.

However I find that the Velocity required is so fast that it is impossible to draw anything other than chaotic scribble!!!

Pressure Sensitive tablet, or manual Pressure Profile in the Strokes Panel works for me.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Are you talking about Publisher or Designer? There is only the pen tool in Publisher and this is what the image is from. I've tried changing the line afterward in "Properties" but only the brush width will change anything. Size variance and Opacity will do nothing in Publisher. 

I do own an iPad Pro with designer and will try using a brush or pencil instead of the pen. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.