You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well done. How about another background color or about giving it a lower level of brightness? Just an idea. :)

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

9 hours ago, doodler222 said:

I really liked how you decided to go with a unique angle here.

When I clicked it > I half expected it to be the normal every day view of a coffee cup. 

Really like the soft hues to the lower right of the cup also. 

thank you so much!

@almeida_tercero

I find it interesting that the handle is at the left of the image. Many pictures of a cup of tea or coffee have the handle at the right.

Also that the cup handle is a little away from centre rotationally, as if it is for someone behind the picture.

Is it a cup with coffee in it, or, as taking the thread title precisely literally, an empty coffee cup made with two colours of ceramic fused into the cup during manufacture, as a stylish design?

So is the black shape of the image representing the horizontal surface of some black coffee, or is the black shape of the image representing the curved surface of the inside of an empty cup?

@doodler222

19 hours ago, doodler222 said:

Really like the soft hues to the lower right of the cup also. 

Yes, it is as if the cup is lit with a spotlight from the left and the right of the cup has only ambient light on it, with the spotlight just enough to cast a slight shadow.

@almeida_tercero

The image is beautifully done. Could you say which program you used please and if possible could you say something about how you produced the image please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:12 AM, William Overington said:

@almeida_tercero

I find it interesting that the handle is at the left of the image. Many pictures of a cup of tea or coffee have the handle at the right.

Also that the cup handle is a little away from centre rotationally, as if it is for someone behind the picture.

Is it a cup with coffee in it, or, as taking the thread title precisely literally, an empty coffee cup made with two colours of ceramic fused into the cup during manufacture, as a stylish design?

So is the black shape of the image representing the horizontal surface of some black coffee, or is the black shape of the image representing the curved surface of the inside of an empty cup?

@doodler222

Yes, it is as if the cup is lit with a spotlight from the left and the right of the cup has only ambient light on it, with the spotlight just enough to cast a slight shadow.

@almeida_tercero

The image is beautifully done. Could you say which program you used please and if possible could you say something about how you produced the image please?

William

thank you so much for your insights, i used affinity designer since i like to do minimalism and vectors are perfect for that because of its nature and how clean they're. The original image is a cup of coffee that i did for myself but what i really want is to make it blend with the background so you can stare at it and wonder, kinda silly haha