I've been bringing sheet music PDFs into Publisher, and most seem to come out fine, however I've run into several recently which have errors -- notes and lines in the wrong place. It doesn't matter if I drag them into Publisher, or "place" them in Publisher, or even just open them in Publisher, the errors are always there and always the same. These PDFs primarily contain text and music fonts. I've attached one as an example.

Basic Rhythms v2 - Full Score.pdf

I don't have the fonts you used in your document to try.

BTW, does Publisher ask you to replace missing fonts?

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

@Nathan Shirley

Which app did you use to produce the original notation?  Was it Finale?  Perhaps have a look at this thread.

I do see the problem when your supplied pdf is opened in APub.  Screenshot below.

Jeff

ScreenShot00556.jpg

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

No, Publisher is not reporting any missing fonts for me. I'm using Sibelius here, not Finale. I suppose Sibelius isn't embedding the fonts?

One thing that is interesting: if I print to file using "Microsoft print to PDF" instead of letting Sibelius generate the PDF on its own, the resulting PDF will be slightly different when pulled into Publisher. They will look the same in all other programs (without errors), and they'll both be messed up in Publisher, but messed up in slightly different ways. I suppose I could try a different print to PDF program, just don't have anything else installed currently.

@Nathan Shirley

I realised after posting previously that the Properties of the pdf file showed it was created in Sibelius, latest version.  :/

I also have that same version of Sibelius; I wonder if there is anything to be gained or learned if you were to post here or PM to me the actual Sib file which you used to generate the pdf, for me to open on my machine, export to pdf and "see what happens"?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

same problem here

just to point that this is important

but

In Sibelius if you "print" to PDF-Xchange the Pdf reads fine in AP

Windows 10 pro 64; HP elitebook 8540; A-Designer latest; A-Publisher latest; A-Photo Latest