You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New HSL does not retain range values

The new HSL adjustment layer lets you choose a color range to which the color changes are applied. However, when you close the HSL and open it again, the color range values are lost on the color wheel even though the effect is still applied.

If you move the hue, saturation, or luminosity sliders, the effect is additive, which means it adds up to the previous values even though you can't see them on layer anymore. Resetting the layer also works fine.

You should just fix it so the color range values are retained on the color wheel once you open the HSL adjustment layer once again.

1. Applying HSL.jpg

2. HSL looses color range.jpg

2 hours ago, HVDB Photography said:

On the second image you have master selected !! If you select the reds you'll see the ranges are retained ....

I looked all over the HSL dialog for master, not finding it I opened up the old HSL which has the drop-down menu for colors, and the default of course is master (and the HSV ;-)). It has the same appearance when changing the reds, closing then reopening. Did I mention the old HSL has the HSV option ?

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.