You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Since you can draw to scale in Designer; it would be great to have a dimension command with extension lines, arrows and text.

I design furniture and refuse to pay a monthly rental fee to Autodesk. I will never do subscription software. I have been using Designer with some success. The lack of dimensioning is a hinderance.

I am also held back from switching to A-D due to the lack of dimensioning features.

I am stuck with the outdated A-Illustrator CS6 with the Hotdoor cad tools plug in.

I don't dare to update to new OSX. The net says it won't be compatible with my Adobe CS6 apps and sketchup 2015 Pro. I use those apps on daily basis.

Hope either Hotdoor or AFFinity can include such feature in the nearest future.

I would never go for subscription softwares either. cheers!

• 11 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 2:04 AM, TRF said:

Since you can draw to scale in Designer; it would be great to have a dimension command with extension lines, arrows and text.

I design furniture and refuse to pay a monthly rental fee to Autodesk. I will never do subscription software. I have been using Designer with some success. The lack of dimensioning is a hinderance.

Can one set a scale on a Designer drawing? How?

I'll Google it some more. 

Did that, not found it yet. 

I'd love to have scale and dimension tools.