You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Switch from MAS to Infinity Store

I have bought Affinity Photo and Designer on the Mac App Store (at this time this was the only option). When Publisher will come out, I of course will buy it directly at Affinity.

But can I transfer AP and AD from MAS to Affinity without paying it again? Would be nice to have all 3 apps in the Affinity store for future updates.

Regards,
Peter

@Pebowski

15 minutes ago, Pebowski said:

can I transfer AP and AD from MAS to Affinity without paying it again?

Unfortunately, no.  Because they have no access to the app store data for either Microsoft or Apple, Serif has no record of who has purchased which app.  Once you purchase Publisher at the Affinity Store you will have an Affinity Account but there is no way to transfer your data from your MAS account to that new Affinity account.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, emmrecs01 said:

@Pebowski

Unfortunately, no.  Because they have no access to the app store data for either Microsoft or Apple, Serif has no record of who has purchased which app.  Once you purchase Publisher at the Affinity Store you will have an Affinity Account but there is no way to transfer your data from your MAS account to that new Affinity account.

Jeff

This should be as simple as installing a trial version downloaded directly from Affinity which will then be able to verify that you have a previous version installed from the App Store as soon as it is launched, at which point it can guide you through converting the license. They don't need direct access to the App Store data. If you have installed the software from the App Store and the code signature checks out then all the information needed to verify a purchase is on your local machine.

• Staff
8 minutes ago, iMACHINE said:

This should be as simple as installing a trial version downloaded directly from Affinity which will then be able to verify that you have a previous version installed from the App Store as soon as it is launched, at which point it can guide you through converting the license. They don't need direct access to the App Store data. If you have installed the software from the App Store and the code signature checks out then all the information needed to verify a purchase is on your local machine.

Unfortunately converting Mac AppStore sales into external store sales is against Apple rules and we would be thrown off the Mac AppStore if we did it. Sketch did let you convert and hence they came off the App Store.

1 hour ago, TonyB said:

Unfortunately converting Mac AppStore sales into external store sales is against Apple rules and we would be thrown off the Mac AppStore if we did it. Sketch did let you convert and hence they came off the App Store.

Oh, I understand! No problem, now I know.;-)

2 hours ago, TonyB said:

Understood! I got this email for a prerelease discount on Affinity Publisher for participating in the beta. Since I purchased Designer and Photo through the Mac App Store and would like to keep things consistent, is there a way to apply this pre-release discount for publisher to the Mac App Store version?

41 minutes ago, iMACHINE said:

Understood! I got this email for a prerelease discount on Affinity Publisher for participating in the beta. Since I purchased Designer and Photo through the Mac App Store and would like to keep things consistent, is there a way to apply this pre-release discount for publisher to the Mac App Store version?

There is probably a "launch" discount in the MAS, too, but probably only 20%, based on history.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1