Jump to content
Pebowski

Switch from MAS to Infinity Store

Recommended Posts

I have bought Affinity Photo and Designer on the Mac App Store (at this time this was the only option). When Publisher will come out, I of course will buy it directly at Affinity.

But can I transfer AP and AD from MAS to Affinity without paying it again? Would be nice to have all 3 apps in the Affinity store for future updates.

Regards,
Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pebowski

15 minutes ago, Pebowski said:

can I transfer AP and AD from MAS to Affinity without paying it again?

Unfortunately, no.  Because they have no access to the app store data for either Microsoft or Apple, Serif has no record of who has purchased which app.  Once you purchase Publisher at the Affinity Store you will have an Affinity Account but there is no way to transfer your data from your MAS account to that new Affinity account.

Jeff


Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

 

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, emmrecs01 said:

@Pebowski

Unfortunately, no.  Because they have no access to the app store data for either Microsoft or Apple, Serif has no record of who has purchased which app.  Once you purchase Publisher at the Affinity Store you will have an Affinity Account but there is no way to transfer your data from your MAS account to that new Affinity account.

Jeff

This should be as simple as installing a trial version downloaded directly from Affinity which will then be able to verify that you have a previous version installed from the App Store as soon as it is launched, at which point it can guide you through converting the license. They don't need direct access to the App Store data. If you have installed the software from the App Store and the code signature checks out then all the information needed to verify a purchase is on your local machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iMACHINE said:

This should be as simple as installing a trial version downloaded directly from Affinity which will then be able to verify that you have a previous version installed from the App Store as soon as it is launched, at which point it can guide you through converting the license. They don't need direct access to the App Store data. If you have installed the software from the App Store and the code signature checks out then all the information needed to verify a purchase is on your local machine.

Unfortunately converting Mac AppStore sales into external store sales is against Apple rules and we would be thrown off the Mac AppStore if we did it. Sketch did let you convert and hence they came off the App Store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyB said:

Unfortunately converting Mac AppStore sales into external store sales is against Apple rules and we would be thrown off the Mac AppStore if we did it. Sketch did let you convert and hence they came off the App Store.

Oh, I understand! No problem, now I know.;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TonyB said:

Unfortunately converting Mac AppStore sales into external store sales is against Apple rules and we would be thrown off the Mac AppStore if we did it. Sketch did let you convert and hence they came off the App Store.

Understood! I got this email for a prerelease discount on Affinity Publisher for participating in the beta. Since I purchased Designer and Photo through the Mac App Store and would like to keep things consistent, is there a way to apply this pre-release discount for publisher to the Mac App Store version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, iMACHINE said:

Understood! I got this email for a prerelease discount on Affinity Publisher for participating in the beta. Since I purchased Designer and Photo through the Mac App Store and would like to keep things consistent, is there a way to apply this pre-release discount for publisher to the Mac App Store version?

There is probably a "launch" discount in the MAS, too, but probably only 20%, based on history.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×