You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Floating windows issue with tabs

Note, the direction changes sometimes and then states changed. Also of not, sometimes I'm able to see this happen when switching between floating and docked tabs too, but I'm yet to fine the casue of that. 

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

@TEcHNOpls 

1.) Sorry, I can not see this issue on my system (APhoto RC2, Windows 8.1-64 Pro)
2.) regarding your question about "the same size": if you refer to the Zoom-Level of the shown Image: 
You can use the Zoom - Keyboard-Shortcuts (like CTRL-0 (zero)) to adjust the View.

image.png.609aa6e895868adf4a800a7769c77a5d.png

kind regards

Fritz

I use ctrl+0 to center these at the beginning of video.

I was asking for floating window size, so that when I switch tabs, the window will have the same size. (you can see that in the video, that each tab has different size)

2 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

I was asking for floating window size, so that when I switch tabs, the window will have the same size. (you can see that in the video, that each tab has different size)

I see; the whole floating Window is changing its size (not just the tabs) because Photo handles the
floating Window as if its 2 Windows with 2 different size-settings.

This effect incl. the issue you found (images moving around) also does happen on my system, but I never noticed before..

possible work-around: do not resize the floating Window as soon as it contains 2 or more images.

kind regards
Fritz

The scenario was a bit different, I first floated two windows, resized them and then combined. That' why I'm asking for a workaround for that part.
I understand the part with window resizing all the time, but not where it moves the images inside respective tabs :)

1 hour ago, TEcHNOpls said:

The scenario was a bit different, I first floated two windows, resized them and then combined. That' why I'm asking for a workaround for that part.
I understand the part with window resizing all the time, but not where it moves the images inside respective tabs :)

Your solution would seem to be to leave them floating separately, rather than making them tabs of one floating window.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for the suggestions; still, these are workarounds for the core problem.
As you can probably see, I use these as a color reference for other pictures, one window is much easier to manage than multiples (just move one window to the other screen etc.)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.