You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a Resource Manager in Designer 1.7?

46 minutes ago, focusp said:

It is repeatable: 

1. Create new doc as Print and size A4
  2. Place a another designer doc inside it and not it says embedded document next to the name in the layers pallet
  3. Click Edit Document and do a change to the other designer doc
  4. Close the Edit Document window
  5. Close and save the main document
  6. Open the main document and the Linked Resource Changed dialogue box appears briefly.

Confirmed, but I would not worry about it.

1.7 had a lot of reported bugs in this area (embedded, linking files) and there have been a lot of changes in the 1.8 beta which have corrected them, including the one you have posted about.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 month later...

Pretty much all the raster images I drag into my documents are linked. If I move or delete them in Finder, Affinity complains and can't render the image. When I open Affinity Designer, you can see below the Resource Manager pops up asking me to fix it.

NOTE I don't own Affinity Publisher and did not create this document in Publisher. I created it in Designer and only ever opened it in Designer. Below I used the Resource Manager to locate the image and switch it to an embedded document.

701017253_ScreenShot2020-02-14at22_30_47.png.8210e809491ed79051cec239a871f70a.png

4 hours ago, Rob Seib said:

Pretty much all the raster images I drag into my documents are linked. If I move or delete them in Finder, Affinity complains and can't render the image. When I open Affinity Designer, you can see below the Resource Manager pops up asking me to fix it.

It shouldn't be complaining about Embedded images (and they are Embedded, as the Resource Manager shows, not Linked). That bug is fixed in the 1.8 beta, I believe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It shouldn't be complaining about Embedded images (and they are Embedded, as the Resource Manager shows, not Linked). That bug is fixed in the 1.8 beta, I believe.

Hey so actually they were linked, it complained, and then it opened Resource Manager and I switched them to Embedded. That's why it shows Embedded.

4 hours ago, Rob Seib said:

Hey so actually they were linked, it complained, and then it opened Resource Manager and I switched them to Embedded. That's why it shows Embedded.

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, when you create your documents, what Preset are you using?

One of the bugs (fixed in 1.8) is that using the Preset "Print (Press-Ready)" causes images to be Linked in 1.7, when it shouldn't.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. I'm thought I saw that it was fixed in 1.8; maybe I was wrong.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.