You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shapes and nodes

Hi again team, 

When drawing shapes like a Star for example...

• Sometimes the shape does not appear until you let go of drawing the size/ratio of it. Usually the next shape to be drawn appears right away as it should, while dragging to create its size. This might affect other shapes.
  • While using the corner tool on the Star, doing a multiple select on nodes of the Star, often does not work. Occasionally when can’t multi-select, switching objects then back to the star can get multi-select of the nodes working again.
  • Corner types appear changeable for the Star, but don’t appear selected on screen menu in the context bar.
Edited by SageBlue
Added corner types

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

The corner type was stuck at ‘None’ the first time I tried changing it in build 1.7.0.7, but I can’t reproduce that now, and I can’t reproduce either of the other two issues in that build. I am unable to reproduce any of the reported issues in beta build 1.7.0.4.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yep, these issues are really inconsistent. Sometimes zooming in or out helps. A lot of times, nothing seems to help. 

Even when unable to select multiple nodes of a shape, I was able to seconds later a couple of times. I’ve restarted the iPad Pro just yesterday.

Just to let you know...when creating a rectangle yesterday, then trying to create rounded edges, the radius value always was at 50px regardless of the node, from start to finish.

Something new, the actual corners of the rectangle did not visually change on canvas i.e. remained at right-angles. I have closed and reopened Designer numerous times before the issue, during the issue and afterwards with no change. The iPad Pro got rebooted before the issue yesterday.

This morning, the changes to the corners appear on canvas, while the radius value still remains at 50px.

Wonder if the latest iOS update is causing much of this? Even have typing issues at times on this form in Safari while using the onscreen keyboard.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.