You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.7 Drag & drop document from Files not working

I tried this for consistency with Affinity Photo beta and convenience. While I can drag documents from the Apple files manager into Affinity Photo beta, and it appears on the app homepage, I cannot do this in Affinity Designer beta.I can drag the document as usual, even the plus sign appears by the document when above Affinity Designer beta. The document doesn’t appear in Designer beta when I let go of the document.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

Hi Sean, 

Here is an attached video. Designer 1.7.0.9 works great, happy to say. Haven’t tested drag & dropping on an empty Welcome screen, as I have some of my files and projects already on there. Hope the video helps. I had Designer 1.7.0.7 at the time, with Files open in Slide Over, and dragging the file from there to Designer’s Welcome screen, and having the plus on the document whole dragging.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.