music2bmade

[Fixed] Text frames crashing constantly

I get crashes when:

• Pasting text into frames
  • trying to change the font in a frame
  • Selected all text in a frame

Tried making a brand new document. (Was using an older version file. last stable version before this.) Still get the same crashes. Everything really worked beautifully until I started pasting text.  Even removing the formatting of text before pasting did not solve the issue.

Seeing something similar. I'm recreating a document originally in InDesign. Pasted text from InDesign into Publisher, no problem. Started on page 2, pasted page 2's text in, did a Select All on the text and the app immediately crashed. Happens every time. Crash text attached.

Publisher crash text 1.rtf

Strangely, I left the app and current working document open. This morning I continued work on it and none of the key commands that caused the crash last night are causing it this morning.

Okay now the crashing is happening again. I saved the file at the point right before it crashes for me and attached it here. On the last page in the document, place the text cursor in the line below INGREDIENTS (it has graham crumbs in it) and then on the keyboard press command-shift-END to select all the text from there to the end. Publisher crashes each and every time if I do that.

I'm not sure what will happen if you don't have the fonts I used.

Recipes.afpub

We believe the issue found from this thread ("Crash with text selection") has been fixed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta and should not occur in the initial release of Affinity Publisher next week.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.