You just place the words on a slightly transparent rectangle rect. Draw a rectangle shape, color it the way you want and either lower it's layer opacity or play with it's blend mode. Type and place the white text on those rects.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.8.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.8.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

8 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

You just place the words on a slightly transparent rectangle rect. Draw a rectangle shape, color it the way you want and either lower it's layer opacity or play with it's blend mode. Type and place the white text on those rects.

Cool, thank you. 

4 hours ago, Alfred said:
5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

'tis too early in the mornin' here for this sort of punnin'

Symbol things amuse symbol minds? :/

Now that it is later in the day for @Old Bruce, may I ask if is that supposed to be some type o' graphical reference? 9_9

Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Affinity Designer 1.8.3, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.3.180 & Affinity Designer 1.8.3.2 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1

Just now, R C-R said:

Now that it is later in the day for @Old Bruce, may I ask if is that supposed to be some type o' graphical reference? 9_9

Groan. It could just be that I am too old.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.4.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.4.183 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.4.663

12 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Groan. It could just be that I am too old.

Are you suggesting that you may have “groan” too old? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.3.180 • Designer for iPad 1.8.3.2 • iPadOS 13.5.1 (iPad Air 2)

Last word goes to @Alfred. Well played good sir.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.4.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.4.183 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.4.663

So did this get bottomed out.

Enter curly quotes on iPad you get curly quotes. Transfer to mac it is still curly quotes.

Try to enter quotes on the mac keyboard you get vertical quotes?

(Photos are in reverse order)

Screenshot_2020-07-10_at_08_56_20.png

Screenshot_2020-07-10_at_08_52_32.png

3C66B507-7675-4C1D-B160-14C58F785498.png

Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8, Publisher 1.8 on MACOS Catalina and Windows 10.
Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13.5 beta.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/