You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager :: Status "OK" - but No Previews

I often experience lost previews in the Resource Manager, either/or/and ...
– missing file thumbnail only
– missing folder thumbnail
– missing preview in details section only
– missing a combination from above

Less often the preview is also missing on page, then there as blurry preview.

– It happens more often for resources which got placed more than once. Even if they are on same page.
– It seems to happen when opening a document, not while working in it. As if those would not get loaded correctly.
– It happens regardless of having refreshing them (by replace) before last save and it occurs for a varying number of resources almost every time I open the .afpub.
– Weird but if it occurs for resources used more than 1x (shown in folders in manager) then it does not happen to all for them.

1. Blurry preview on page – though the resource shows a thumbnail its folder in manager and for two other copy of it, one even on same page.

1057533280_resourcepreviewlost1.jpg.c3815286e2bac56e9cc60a0af922cc97.jpg

2. Blurry preview on page – Thumbnails for folder and some resource copies do exist, for others don't (including their preview in details section):

1715066086_resourcepreviewlost2.thumb.jpg.2f55394b57177b8b6bff841eeb113e04.jpg

3. Same view as above (2.), but with a not-affected resource copy selected. –> Not an issue of the resource file itself.

513836247_resourcepreviewlost3.thumb.jpg.6a1bfa21834a9716862b4daf4e16536d.jpg

4. Overview of various occurrences (same document as in 1-3 but on next day):

181069199_resourcepreviewlost4.thumb.jpg.72e92d18675fb36a5673b1c51243bc36.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Hi thomaso,

I noticed the preview issue and logged it late last week, it does indeed seem to happen a bit more with copy and pasting. So the developers are looking into this area.

The blurry image I've seen once or twice, and it's never the same when I reload the file. A blurry image like that is worrying as it can mean the app is struggling to load in the linked resource, but I don't think it's lost it. Do you get the same blurry images when you reload the file or is it different?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

A blurry image like that is worrying as it can mean the app is struggling to load in the linked resource, but I don't think it's lost it. Do you get the same blurry images when you reload the file or is it different? 

The weird thing is that it often happens to just some of a group of copied items – but not to all of those, shown within a folder in Resource Manager.

I have reloaded the affected files various times by using the "Replace" button, which always repaired the issue for that moment, but not for ever. Usually the issue has no rule, its occurrence seems to change by day (or opening the document). Today the issue does not occur, I neither can't see a blurry linked image nor a missing thumbnail in Manager.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe the issue ("Resource manager thumbnails are lost on document load") has been fixed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta and should not occur in the initial release of Affinity Publisher next week. This is one report that we are not 100% certain was caused by the issue that we fixed, but it seems the same.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.