You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you apply a LUT to multiple photos via batch process?

• Staff

You can record a macro that has the loading of a LUT adjustment and then save to a category on the Library panel. Then use File > New Batch Job, select your macro under under Available Macros and click Apply.

ok thanks. another question/problem. I conducted a test and exported a LUT from an affinity file/photo and then reapplied that very same LUT to the exact same photo before all the adjustments had been made to see if it would indeed modify the file to exactly the same state. It didn't .It changed the look yes, but it looks nothing like the file from which the LUT had been exported.  What gives here? I though the LUT was supposed to allow one to apply the exact same layer adjustments to a new file to get the exact same look. especially when applying it to the exact same source file. 

any feedback greatly appreciated 

What were you extracting the LUT  from? Was it the topmost adjustment layer, or did you merge the adjustments with the background? You can do this non-destructively with Merge Visible.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

ok. I was not aware that you had to merge all the adjustment layers first. I merged everything this time and then exported from the top most merged layer. Now I also understand why there is a "quality" slider in the LUT export dialogue box. At first I didn't get it. I though that the LUT file would have the exact settings from each and every adjustment layer. From what I can see happening here it seems like a LUT file is just a squashed, mushed up approximation of the look you're trying to export. I once again merged the LUT file with the original unedited source file to see if I would get an exact replica and once again no. Just a very rough approximation. 

is this how LUT files are supposed to work? are they just rough approximations of the "look" you're exporting. 

Thanks for your hep so far. much appreciated.