You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global colors and multiple strokes/fills issue

Hey!

Today I noticed an odd thing:

1. Setting up global colors in a document.
  2. Apply it to object with multiple strokes and/or fills.
  3. Deselect the object or switch from fill to stroke color in the color panel or the other way round.
  4. Change the settings of a global color used in one of the strokes of the object (that is changing color values).
  5. If the stroke of that global color is active the color changes.
    If another stroke is active the non-active stroke's color looses connection to the global color.
    Then I have to activate it again in the appearance panel and reassign it.

Hope this it is understandable - I tried it with fills too with the same issue.

All the best,
Chris 

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Hi Chris,

I'm struggling to replicate your issue. If I apply a global colour to the stroke of several objects, then update that global colour, all the instances of it change, no matter what object or stroke is currently selected. Have I misunderstood something? In step 2 you mention applying the global colour to an object with multiple strokes and/or fills. I didn't know it was possible to apply multiple strokes or fills to a single object. How are you doing this?

UPDATE : Ignore my last comment Chris - just discovered the Appearance Panel ;-)

2 hours ago, razorpig said:

Hey Chris,

I just replicated your issue. I think it's clearly a BUG.

global_colours.thumb.jpg.a3966a450406f40bdfbd84a943b038a5.jpg

That's it :-) I also think it's bug.

It's kind of anoying as it disconnects the global colors too and I have to correct that manually for each object.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.