Jump to content
JT_Allen

Affinity Photo (Mac OS X) - App Preview Image Wrong

Recommended Posts

For some reason, the preview icon for Affinity Photo is not correct. I move the application to the Mac OS X dock and the image is replaced with a generic finder app icon.

I have attached two screen capture images to show what I mean. I even deleted the plist file and also did a fresh re-instrall from the mac app store.

I do not know what to do to fix this problem.

App Preview Finder (#1).png

App Preview Finder Dock (#2).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi JT_Allen :)

If you remove the app from the dock, then open it from Applications and right-click on the icon in the dock and select Options>Keep in Dock, does the correct icon now show?

If not, please open your Applications folder and navigate to Affinity Photo. Right-click on the icon and select 'Get info', then in the top left hand side of the dialogue that opens, click on the app icon and then press the delete (or backspace) key. Your Mac should prompt for a password here, inputting this should reset the icon.

Please let me know if this does not help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi JT_Allen :)

If you remove the app from the dock, then open it from Applications and right-click on the icon in the dock and select Options>Keep in Dock, does the correct icon now show?

If not, please open your Applications folder and navigate to Affinity Photo. Right-click on the icon and select 'Get info', then in the top left hand side of the dialogue that opens, click on the app icon and then press the delete (or backspace) key. Your Mac should prompt for a password here, inputting this should reset the icon.

Please let me know if this does not help!

I tried both options. For some reason my mac will not allow me to do the second option. Even with CMD+Delete keys. The first option doesn't work either. @Dan C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JT_Allen said:

I tried both options. For some reason my mac will not allow me to do the second option. Even with CMD+Delete keys. The first option doesn't work either. @Dan C

Choose some file, do the Get Info. Click on the icon on the top left of the Get Info button and Copy it or Edit > Copy or Command + C.

Go to the icon for the Affinity App and Get Info, select the icon and Paste the (some file) icon into the icon space then hit the Delete key.

You should see the Original/Proper app icon.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.1 | Affinity Photo 1.7.1 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.1 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.146 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.422

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Choose some file, do the Get Info. Click on the icon on the top left of the Get Info button and Copy it or Edit > Copy or Command + C.

Go to the icon for the Affinity App and Get Info, select the icon and Paste the (some file) icon into the icon space then hit the Delete key.

You should see the Original/Proper app icon.

@Old Bruce Thank you for providing more clear instructions. That solution fixed the app image problem. It also fixed the same problem on a few of my other apps as well.

To every one else reading this, no further help is needed. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×