You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo (Mac OS X) - App Preview Image Wrong

For some reason, the preview icon for Affinity Photo is not correct. I move the application to the Mac OS X dock and the image is replaced with a generic finder app icon.

I have attached two screen capture images to show what I mean. I even deleted the plist file and also did a fresh re-instrall from the mac app store.

I do not know what to do to fix this problem.

App Preview Finder (#1).png

App Preview Finder Dock (#2).png

• Staff

Hi JT_Allen :)

If you remove the app from the dock, then open it from Applications and right-click on the icon in the dock and select Options>Keep in Dock, does the correct icon now show?

If not, please open your Applications folder and navigate to Affinity Photo. Right-click on the icon and select 'Get info', then in the top left hand side of the dialogue that opens, click on the app icon and then press the delete (or backspace) key. Your Mac should prompt for a password here, inputting this should reset the icon.

Please let me know if this does not help!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

8 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi JT_Allen :)

If you remove the app from the dock, then open it from Applications and right-click on the icon in the dock and select Options>Keep in Dock, does the correct icon now show?

If not, please open your Applications folder and navigate to Affinity Photo. Right-click on the icon and select 'Get info', then in the top left hand side of the dialogue that opens, click on the app icon and then press the delete (or backspace) key. Your Mac should prompt for a password here, inputting this should reset the icon.

Please let me know if this does not help!

I tried both options. For some reason my mac will not allow me to do the second option. Even with CMD+Delete keys. The first option doesn't work either. @Dan C

58 minutes ago, JT_Allen said:

I tried both options. For some reason my mac will not allow me to do the second option. Even with CMD+Delete keys. The first option doesn't work either. @Dan C

Choose some file, do the Get Info. Click on the icon on the top left of the Get Info button and Copy it or Edit > Copy or Command + C.

Go to the icon for the Affinity App and Get Info, select the icon and Paste the (some file) icon into the icon space then hit the Delete key.

You should see the Original/Proper app icon.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Choose some file, do the Get Info. Click on the icon on the top left of the Get Info button and Copy it or Edit > Copy or Command + C.

Go to the icon for the Affinity App and Get Info, select the icon and Paste the (some file) icon into the icon space then hit the Delete key.

You should see the Original/Proper app icon.

@Old Bruce Thank you for providing more clear instructions. That solution fixed the app image problem. It also fixed the same problem on a few of my other apps as well.

To every one else reading this, no further help is needed. Problem solved.