You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion for a very small, but very useful feature/shortcut option for 1.7.

I, as well as a vast majority of illustrators, designers and photo editors I know and work with, constantly rotate the canvas while working.
This is not a 90 degree rotation, but rather just a standard rotation while working (exactly like the View - Rotate Left/Right/Reset options).

Assigning this to custom shortcut keys helps speed things up (I currently have Rotate Left and Right assigned to Q and W in Designer), but it's still slow in comparison to Photoshop's dedicated rotation tool.
With Affinity I'm left pressing my custom defined rotation shortcuts multiple times to get the perfect angle for the work I'm doing. 

With that in mind, I don't think it's necessary to add a dedicated rotation tool like Adobe PS has, but rather just a key combination shortcut.
When you hold Ctrl+Alt and click and drag in Affinity this changes your brush size and hardness, which is incredibly quick, efficient, and useful.
Could there not be a similar option (say Alt+Cmd+click and drag, or Ctrl+Cmd+click and drag) to rotate the canvas working angle?
Either that, or a pop-up menu (similar to Sketchbook Pro) where when you move the canvas using the move tool (Spacebar) you also have the option to rotate the canvas.
I've also seen this used in software like Krita, where holding modifier keys + dragging allows you to rotate the canvas. 

It's a non invasive way of still giving the option to those who use it, but keeping it out of the way for those who don't.
You could possible also include the option to enable/disable the pop-up menu in the Preferences for those who don't like to use it or find it distracting.

I think this would be an incredibly invaluable feature, particularly for artists/illustrators who rotate the canvas to draw using a tablet, but also useful for designers and photo editing.

On the Mac I have to have both the OS System Preferences for the trackpad set up to allow rotation with the trackpad and have the Affinity Photo/Designer Preferences > Tools 'Enable Canvas Rotation with Trackpad' checked. If either one isn't checked nothing happens. Can't say how it works with Windows.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.