You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save location

I keep having a problem and it's just occurred to me that it is because Affinity apps behave differently to most other apps.

The problem is that when I 'Save as' or 'export' that the directory / folder location defaults to the last location used for saving as or exporting rather than the location the file that is currently being worked on which, as far as I can tell, is the default Mac behaviour.

We have numerous projects, each with a standard folder structure.

The result is that I keep saving files the wrong locations because, at a glance, it looks correct (ie 'photos' folder) but is actually the photo folder in a completely different project.

It would be great to be able to toggle this in the settings.

21 hours ago, Chris B said:

This has been reported numerous times before. I'm not sure if there's a plan to do anything about this just yet o.O

Thanks. I did a search but couldn't see anything recent. Perhaps the reports are all from a while ago?

Anyway, I think it is pretty fundamental. I mean, saving files in the right locations is an essential part of most apps.

@Ash

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.