Hi

I've several lines of v small text, 7pt that I'm trying to manipulate. For some reason I cannot decrease the space between the lines.  If I increase point size to 11, then the lines are tight together.  I've used the para panel, have tried altering everything in the para leading box (exact, default, % and changing sizes).  I can increase the space between lines, I just can't decrease it.  I'm using publisher on windows 10.  There are no guides the text is snapping too.  What am I doing wrong?

J

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Jane P.

It would help if you could provide a sample .afpub file for us to look at. Or, at a a minimum, a screenshot showing the Text Frame with that text and the Paragraph Panel. It would also help if you make sure to have Text > Show Special Characters enabled via the Menu.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

One possibility...

Are you sure you don't have a baseline grid enabled (it could be hidden but still in effect)?

Check with this button on the main toolbar:

image.png.253d583957ee36e8d489c0807f8419ab.png

Verify that "Use Baseline Grid" is not checked:

image.png.55c2e21a0f969fc77c38868a2a03a722.png

A baseline grid can also be enabled on a per-text-frame basis in the Text Frame panel, though that sounds less likely in this instance... again in that panel, make sure "Use Baseline Grid" is not checked:

image.png.367ccb351570328bae39ac7f120ccfa5.png