You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Insert Filler Text not working

Don't know if this is by design but assume its a bug - if I draw a fresh text box and select 'Insert Filler Text', the text within that text box can not be selected using the text tool. If I want to insert my curser into one of the paragraphs, clicking there with the text tool does not work. I can't select (highlight) any of the text, it simply doesn't work.

If I create a new text box and manually type some text in, it works fine. Where's the difference? I use Insert Filler Text quite a bit when making design mockups, but this renders it unusable.

A short vid to explain: https://www.loom.com/share/61ad145f502e47aea8000865144664ab Although there's no sound, I'm trying to click and insert the curser within the text somewhere and can't.

Right click on the text and select Expand Field, this then makes filler text editable

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

12 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Right click on the text and select Expand Field, this then makes filler text editable

Ah, thank you! I've only just noticed that the Filler Text increases/decreases as you resize the text box so this all makes sense now.

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, ConnectCreative said:

I use Insert Filler Text quite a bit

You may switch off that behavior as an Application Preference (in "General" section, not in "Filler Text") by activating its text attitude.

1066270934_fillertextprefeditable.jpg.f57b3b5447a05e1ec6927e42e6c002b8.jpg

But this also switches off the automatic increase/decrease of its amount.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.