You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher needs Collaboration, Designer needs Prototyping, Photo needs DAM

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening,
I think all Affinity suite software needs a DAM, not just Affinity photo.
Indeed, professionals or advanced amateurs easily have thousands of documents to classify, index, tag, note...
And it is the native files that must be organized in this way (not the exports who have only occasionals use).
I hope to see one day a DAM in Affinity which allows to organize in the same way all the native files of Affinity and why not, any type of files.

DAM Persona integrated into all the apps would be dope. Affinity it would be AWESOME to open up Personas as a super plug-in architecture, and you and third parties could provide personas to be purchased for use in the 3 core apps (Des, Pho, Pub) and potentially others if the core suite grows. Also more granular way to generate revenue, and from user perspective it's super custom tailered to one's workflow....

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi

I would also like to see an external DAM application ;)

because yet no other DAM really supports affinity photo in terms of panorama and hdr.

The only big problem i see is that aff photo doesnt allow non destructive (without sidecarts) raw (image) editing and having twice every file on the disc isnt the best choice...

It would also be breathtaking to see if the DAM could auto keyword the images (like Excire Search as a plugin for Lightroom) that would really speed up everyones workflow ;)

Lg

Marc Henry

(btw best companie and apps :P)

• 11 months later...

I've been using affinity Photo for one 3 years and the lack of a DAM is becoming more of an issue as you advertise your product as a professional tool and they deffinatly are, but the lack of a DAM is frustrating as I'm using lots of folders and file renaming to help with my workflow. A quality DAM would save me time and frustration trying to locate specific images asking to groups, etc. This has been requested solution for over 3 years and you have responded to some peoples posts saying it was in the works, is is it actually happening and when can we expect to see it??

On 6/8/2020 at 4:31 AM, MarvinUK said:

I've been using affinity Photo for one 3 years and the lack of a DAM is becoming more of an issue as you advertise your product as a professional tool and they deffinatly are, but the lack of a DAM is frustrating as I'm using lots of folders and file renaming to help with my workflow. A quality DAM would save me time and frustration trying to locate specific images asking to groups, etc. This has been requested solution for over 3 years and you have responded to some peoples posts saying it was in the works, is is it actually happening and when can we expect to see it??

Adobe Bridge is free and can be configured to open Affinity apps. Only thing is lack of preview for native Affinity files, which is easily remedied with a JPG export, then creating a stack in Bridge with the Affinity file and it's JPG preview. Just remember to make the JPG the stack cover. Hope this helps until Serif release native Affinity DAM.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17