You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rolling Selection bug

I have been able to reliably repeat this problem on the latest Beta (1.7.0.130), but not on the regular release (1.6.7). On the Beta I get it with both raws and jpgs and with every photo I have used.

Here is a screen shot of what I see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/30t9r0azu9yrudi/RollingSelection.jpg?dl=0 although it is only a snapshot of the rolling selection.

Here is what I did to create a luminosity mask:

1) Load an image,

2) If the image is raw, press the Develop button,

3) Unlock the background layer and duplicate it,

4) Make sure the new layer is selected,

5) Add an HSL adjustment, make sure the Master is set and turn down the saturation all the way,

6) I also then selected the Blue setting and raised the Luminosity to include more of the sky, but I do not believe this has any bearing,

7) Merge the HSL adjustment with the top selection,

8) Make sure the top merge layer is selected, right click on the Red Composite entry in the Channels panel and select Create Spare Channel,

9) When the channel has been created delete the top merged layer so that only the background layer remains. Make sure it is selected,

10) Press the Reset on the RGBA Channel entry to restore color to the image,

11) Right click on the newly created Spare Channel and select Load To Pixel Selection

Here is a screen recording of the whole process.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Chris B said:

Can you retest this in the beta that has just been released?

It seems fixed. At least I was not able to reproduce it when I tried. I will do some additional testing and post if I run into this issue again.

And yes, I have Metal set.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.