You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.14 RC1 - Restore Message

I'm receiving in Publisher 337 and in this Designer version 14 the message if i want to restore the file when opening the software, but on the last save everything goes fine... but this is not happening all the times...

So here is a video showing what happened today when i started my machine and oppened the AD Beta. I've just restored the files to see what they are. Just a note. The left file was saved so i don't understand why is there, the middle one was not because i just needed it exported which i've done and the green one i've saved it too and exported, and are files that i've worked yesterday in the middle of the afternoon not at the end. I've worked on a lot of other files... Didn't force quit anything. So if you wan't to told me any command line or so to run when this is happening please let me know.

• Staff

Thanks for the videos - how did you close the app down, and also your Mac prior to starting it this morning? Did you quit when you had those files open, or (presuming as the others wasn't saved) did you just put it to sleep and then restore it?

No. I've just closed them (the ones i've saved and told no to save on the question when you're closing a document that isn't saved). And i've worked on 4 or 5 more after them (that is the strange thing). At the end of the day i've shutted down the computer normally, and this morning i've turned it on as always. This is happening with Publisher too, but i use AD 95% of the time.

Not a big problem at all.

• Staff

Thanks for that, I've been playing around with it and found a recipe below the reproduces it which I have passed on to development. Whilst it might not be the same recipe there may be some similarities that cause it, which from what I can tell it is a file getting left behind in username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Designer Beta\autosave\

1. Go into Preferences > Performance and turn Auto Save to 30 seconds
  2. Start a new document
  3. Draw some shapes on the page to dirty the document and wait 30 seconds so Auto Save has kicked in
  4. File > Close
  5. When asked click on 'Save' and give the file a name and click 'Save'
    • At this point the file is saved and closed
  6. Close Affinity down and reopen it.
  7. You're now asked to restore the file despite saving it. 

16 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for that, I've been playing around with it and found a recipe below the reproduces it which I have passed on to development. Whilst it might not be the same recipe there may be some similarities that cause it, which from what I can tell it is a file getting left behind in username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Designer Beta\autosave\

1. Go into Preferences > Performance and turn Auto Save to 30 seconds
  2. Start a new document
  3. Draw some shapes on the page to dirty the document and wait 30 seconds so Auto Save has kicked in
  4. File > Close
  5. When asked click on 'Save' and give the file a name and click 'Save'
    • At this point the file is saved and closed
  6. Close Affinity down and reopen it.
  7. You're now asked to restore the file despite saving it. 

Sean You're right. That's the recipe. i've done it.

Same experience here. All files I'm prompted to restore have already been saved and sometimes appear to not be the final version. Many times they weren't even recently worked on or open when I closed the program and reopened. What throws me is that with the unsaved restores, the history is included and if I open the saved one, there is no history. 

• Staff

@SeeJaneB

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

This problem existed in all builds made around the time of Designer 1.7.0.14

To all the posters in this thread, prompts to reopen (autosaved) files has been resolved in all newer builds of the Affinity range and should be fixed next Designer on Mac beta

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.