You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.14 - RC1] Beta crashing using tablet (split)

I have made the RC crash several times, but not starting a new thread due to lack of consistent reproducible steps (I'll keep trying).

It tends to be when I draw/make marks too quickly with a brush that tapers with pressure, and at some point I get the beachball and have to force quit.

I use the "report" option after it restarts, but not sure that is the best method - how best to send you crash info? I've crashed it 4 or 5 times today (edit: just did it again, haha), and once late friday I think it was.

Looking fwd to ALL the 1.7 Releases - including Pub btw :)  

thanks,

-damian

• Staff
6 hours ago, dorkboycomics said:

I have made the RC crash several times, but not starting a new thread due to lack of consistent reproducible steps (I'll keep trying).

It tends to be when I draw/make marks too quickly with a brush that tapers with pressure, and at some point I get the beachball and have to force quit.

I use the "report" option after it restarts, but not sure that is the best method - how best to send you crash info? I've crashed it 4 or 5 times today (edit: just did it again, haha), and once late friday I think it was.

Looking fwd to ALL the 1.7 Releases - including Pub btw :)  

thanks,

-damian

Hi damian - could you see if it is more stable if you turn off 'hardware compute' in the Preferences and restart the app? :) Thanks!

17 hours ago, MattP said:

Hi damian - could you see if it is more stable if you turn off 'hardware compute' in the Preferences and restart the app? :) Thanks!

Thanks @MattP ! That seems to have done the trick....I tried crashing it when set to Metal with Compute Off, and also Metal with Compute On, didn't crash for either.

When set to OpenGL and Compute Off, no crash.

Just set to Open GL with Compute On (same settings as all previous crashes, and were the defaults), and it locked up again with the beach ball very quickly (fast repeated strokes with Wacom pen, brush set to pressure).

Maybe the Metal Compute option can be disabled/ignored when set to Open GL?

thanks again!

-damian

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.