You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I bought Affiinity Design (for Windows 10) yesterday. When I launched the soft, a error message told that something goes wrong with the "pen driver" (I have a Huion GT220 that was working quite well untill ... yesterday !).
As my "pen-screen-tablet" didn't want anymore to recognize correctly the pencil, I uninstalled Affinity application (in fact, we don't really know whether it is correctly uninstalled... in my opinion, none), but now the scrren doesn't work (I know that Huion Drivers are quite sensitive and ask to be "alone" to recognize the pencil... I had few monthes ago, to start from a fresh intallation of windows to get a stable configuration). I'm quite angry because Artrage, Adobe or ClipStudio Paint were working without create any issue ! So the Affinity Message that ask us to contact the hardware manufacturer seems to be quite irresponsible...

Bug-Huion-AffinityDesigner.jpg

Does the Huion still work correctly in all of the other apps? and, do you have the latest drivers?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

11 hours ago, franckh said:

I bought Affiinity Design (for Windows 10) yesterday.

@casterle

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

8 hours ago, firstdefence said:

I've always been known for my keen powers of observation.

In that case, you might want to try disabling Windows Ink (in Window and in AP). I was having problems with my Deco 03 and support suggested turning off Windows Ink. In researching how, I found lots of other tablet users looking for the same info because it was causing various problems with their tablets (of various brands).

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

2 hours ago, casterle said:

I've always been known for my keen powers of observation.

You will be known as "The hawk" :P

20 hours ago, franckh said:

Unfortunately not : the Huion doesn't work correctly despite the fact I reinstalled the drivers...

I've had problems with drivers not reinstalling correctly - make sure the old driver is deleted before reinstalling it.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

6 hours ago, IanSG said:

I've had problems with drivers not reinstalling correctly - make sure the old driver is deleted before reinstalling it.

Ditto here on Mac as well. Good overall advice for all operating systems.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 minutes ago, casterle said:

Cool, but I should let you know that I more closely resemble a bald eagle. 

Both majestic beasts ;-)