You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reveal in Finder from document title bar

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

What's the protocol here for saying "I agree"?

Do I say "Me too"? Or "+1"? Or post a graphic of a thumbs up?

Whatever, I strongly agree with WestSlopeGuide.

Please allow right-clicking on the title of the document to reveal the current file in the Finder. Consistency across all Mac apps is (well, used to be) one of the biggest advantages of using Macs, and we really should do all we can to maintain it.

Martin S Taylor

• 1 year later...

I've requested this before, but I have to ask it again. I'm doing a work in Designer, and the omission of a Reveal in Finder is very uncomfortable and time consuming.

I have to replace some inserted elements in some drawings, and have to locate them in my folders. All I can do, to see where the inserted files are, is to go to the Resource Manager, and read the file path.

So, Designer already knows where the file is. Why not passing that information to a Reveal in Finder command accessed from a right-click contextual menu?

Paolo

1 hour ago, prophet said:

My Resource Manager has a "Show in FInder" Button. Yours doesn't?

Apologies – actually, yes. I couldn't see it, because it was greyed out. I was looking for a linked file with an embedded image.

Paolo 

Disappointingly the flaw remains – over two years after it was first posted here. I can't quite understand this slow development for very small improvements like this, that are usefull, Mac standard and no rocket science to implement. In many programs as well as in the finder, I use this day to day in my profession as creative director. In an agency, you work in very nested folder structures and it is extremely helpful to not only get into the current folder, but also into specific folders above it, such as the project or client.