You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager Hangs

I have a Publisher file (my "Compilation" file) where I used File / Place to insert another Publisher file (my "English" manual) as a linked resource. I make changes to the English file and then re-open the Compilation file. I open the Resource Manager to see the linked document flagged as Modified, as expected:

image.png.2994bcf64099078dc4a238bf14db8ad4.png

Immediately one CPU core is pegged at 100% for as long as the dialog is open.

Clicking on any of the elements within the list generally does nothing. Very occasionally the clicked element will briefly highlight and the Update and Replace buttons will enable, but the element and buttons are immediately unhighlighted and disabled. Thus, there is no way to actually update the linked file. My only option is to start from a blank document and Place all over again. It's only 50 double pages, so it doesn't take too long, but what a pain all the same.

• Staff

Hi SRoth,

I've just tried a quick test and struggled to reproduce this from scratch. Is it possible for you to attach your compilation and english manual file here?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe the issue ("File can't select in Resource Manager") has been fixed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta and should not occur in the initial release of Affinity Publisher next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.