You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In the latest version of AP the tables add columns and shift some cells when copying and pasting from one cell to another. 

The last row is extended off the page and I can not remove the extension. The image shows how the table extends beyond the page. When clicking on the 11th row (last) no other row appears below it. I am unable to scroll any further to "see" its end. When dragged upward the table continues to extend. 

AP table issue.png

• Staff

Hi Morgoth,
Thanks for your feedback/report. I already have seen this before. Can you confirm that you are using the latest Affinity Publisher Beta please? Was this document created in the latest beta from scratch or was originally created in an earlier version? Do you mind attaching the document with the problematic table please (you can delete the rest). Thank you.

Have this same issue on version 371.
Happens on any document I create as new.

To reproduce... create a new document.
Add a table with just one column and three rows.
Enter text into top most cell.
Copy and paste text into second row.
Third row grows down page.
The more rows you have and the more rows you paste into the bigger the last row gets until it drops off the bottom of the viewable area.

If you try to resize the bottom row height it eventually hangs Publisher which has to be killed off and restarted.

Windows 10 Home - 8Gb / Windows 10  Pro - 96Gb

Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481

2 hours ago, Trevor J Richens said:

Have this same issue on version 371.
Happens on any document I create as new.

To reproduce... create a new document.
Add a table with just one column and three rows.
Enter text into top most cell.
Copy and paste text into second row.
Third row grows down page.
The more rows you have and the more rows you paste into the bigger the last row gets until it drops off the bottom of the viewable area.

If you try to resize the bottom row height it eventually hangs Publisher which has to be killed off and restarted.

I can't replicate this.

See screenshot.1048054548_tabletest-AffinityPublisher.thumb.png.9c2be1af8a19f2015e63057578325d93.png

Update on this problem after further testing.

Had same issue on both main PC and laptop.
Both of these had Publisher upgraded over several versions since first beta test was installed.

So on laptop have uninstalled Publisher and deleted user's AppData folder for Publisher - not touched any registry keys though.
Installed as new application v 1.7.371

Now tables work OK when I paste text into the table in a new document :)

Then tested using a previous document file created using same version and this works OK too :D

So going to guess that there were some corrupt files either in the application folder or the AppData folder

Second update...

Tried same process on my main PC but the problem still exists on that machine - which is a bit annoying.
Well a bit more than annoying as I use tables quite a lot in what I do.
It's not un-usable if this doesn't get fixed for the final release but...

Edited by Trevor J Richens
Second update

Windows 10 Home - 8Gb / Windows 10  Pro - 96Gb

Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.