You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v337 Resource Manager – "Missing Resource" warning / failing "Replace"

After installing v337, I used "Replace" for each resource in an .afpub with ca. 50 pages / 30 linked resources.

Now, every time I open this document, the missing warning is displayed - while in Resource Manager all the files are displayed as linked. I scrolled through the document and discovered a linked image in blurry look. I selected this object and opened Resource Manager again – where now this file was shown as "Missing". After replacing again the missing warning doesn't pop up again. So I guess the "Status" check of Resource Manager might be still a bit buggy.

Also I experienced another strange behavior related to Resource Management: I replaced one resource which is used three times in this .afpup with another file. Unfortunatly that picture has not changed, but three different individual linked resources have been replaced by the selected file.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Hi thomaso,

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

I replaced one resource which is used three times in this .afpup with another file. Unfortunatly that picture has not changed, but three different individual linked resources have been replaced by the selected file.

Are you able to reproduce this? If you clicked on the group containing the 3 linked resources and replaced it, then i'd expect all the resources in that group to change, what got replaced when you did this? 3 unrelated images?

The blurry image is indeed showing that it is missing, so i'm curious if it was maybe the case that you missed this on the first scroll through the manager, if you can reproduce this let me know too.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

1 minute ago, Jon P said:

Are you able to reproduce this? If you clicked on the group containing the 3 linked resources and replaced it, then i'd expect all the resources in that group to change, what got replaced when you did this? 3 unrelated images?

"Unfortunately" not. After it happened I first deleted the erroneously replaced images from the layout and then I tried again to replace the set of 3 -  successfully that time.
Yes, indeed with the first replace action 3 different unrelated images got replaced, on different layout pages than the three I wanted to replace.

7 minutes ago, Jon P said:

so i'm curious if it was maybe the case that you missed this on the first scroll through the manager,

Oh, you are absolutely right, Sorry! I made a screenshot of the Resource Manager before detecting the blurry one: it shows this as missing. I have had checked in the "placement" column for any entry different than "linked", assuming a missing resource could not be linked and therefore would not shown as linked. Obviously a misinterpreting.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

I'm doing some testing around this area at the moment, so it replacing 3 images is worrying so let me know if you see that again. I've not seen it yet though!

Glad that's the case for the second issue.

If you see this again or find a recipe to reproduce anything let me know!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.