You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Designer/Win] PDF-Export: Picture not shown as own layer

Hello everybody,

I am new to the Affinity family and have a question:

If I export a PDF from Designer, the lowest layer (an image) will be displayed in the PDF but not as an extra layer. That means I can not hide this picture-layer.

The other layers have worked.

Do I have to do something different with the image or the layer?

Thanks and Greetings,
Tom

• Staff

Hi Chillertom and Welcome to the Forums,

I've just tried this and as long as i clicked on the Add Layer option to get my new layer and placed the image onto that Layer, it was still on a layer when exported to PDF, which could be hidden.

If you've added a layer in the same way and get different results, please upload the .afdesign file to our Dropbox here and i'll take a look :) 

1 hour ago, Chillertom said:

There before it was on a layer called "pixel".

That is a layer, it's a pixel layer.

Types of layer

There are several types of layers that can be created:

• Pixel layer—containing raster images where pixel-based editing takes place.
  • Mask layer—special layer that allows you to define what content is hidden to reveal layers beneath.
  • Adjustment layer—special layer that can be used to correct or enhance the layers beneath.
  • Fill layer—special layer that contains an adjustable solid or gradient colour.
  • Snapshot layer—special layer that contains a predefined project snapshot as a single, flattened pixel layer.
  • Vector layer—vector content, such as curves, shapes, text and placed images, occupy their own unique layer.

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Layers/aboutLayers.html

There is also an image layer and an embedded layer. 

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/GetStarted/embeddedDocuments.html

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions