You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer delivery concern

Hi! 

I originally posted this on Twitter, but I feel that it might not be the right avenue for discussion. 

I ordered the affinity designer book last may 27. I am from the philippines, where serif doesn't ship. Luckily, my aunt who lives there (Ailene) is visiting the phils end of June and will be able to bring my book back. 

When I ordered the form on the website, it had no "name" entry for delivery details (I guess it auto fills the info from your account so you won't have to type it), so I changed my account name to Ailene Q (my aunt) so it would print out on the package as her name and when they deliver it, it is to the right person. I received the e-receipt of my purchase as Ailene q. So, thinking that the system stored my order as Ailene, I changed my account name back to my real name. 

However, when I received the dispatchment email (your order has been dispatched), under delivery details it has my name on it, and not the name of my aunt which I entered upon ordering. I don't want to have to pay shipping again in case the order is not received at her apartment since it's not her name on the delivery info. 

I would like to suggest to add a "name" portion on the forms for delivery for those like me, who have relatives bring back the book from the US, since serif doesn't ship to my country. 

Order no: REDACTED

Update: everything is good! Got in touch with the team via email and the book is on its way. THANK YOU ANDY!!!!!!!! 

For future reference to anyone buying, the name placed on delivery address is the username used when bought. So if you're shipping to someone you know, just change your username at the time you are buying the item so it will show on the delivery options.