You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

since the update,  every time a file i was previously working on (300+ page graphic novel) the program gets extremely sluggish, freezes, fails to respond and has crashed twice. i always end up having to end it through task manager as it begins to slow the rest of my computer. i have space on memory and plenty of processing power. and the file/program was working perfectly well before the update.

• Staff

Hi Cross4,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you upload the problematic file here so I can see if I can replicate this behaviour with your file, also if you could let me know what version of Windows you are on. The file will only be used for internal testing purposes

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

Thanks for sending the file, my machines struggling quite a lot with this file like yours.

I've sent this over to the developers to look into further

I have a similar problem with a 365 page file that has a lot of photos. It becomes so sluggish I can't  use it and often have to use Task Manager to get out of it. This has happened on both PCs I have and a Mac.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I'm afraid not no, the issue with quite image heavy documents causing some slowdowns is with our developers still.

We have made some improvements to performance with text wrapping causing slowdowns in the latest beta which has just been released, along with some other misc improvements, so you may find performance is better there.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.