Sign in to follow this  
Cross4

program freezing

since the update,  every time a file i was previously working on (300+ page graphic novel) the program gets extremely sluggish, freezes, fails to respond and has crashed twice. i always end up having to end it through task manager as it begins to slow the rest of my computer. i have space on memory and plenty of processing power. and the file/program was working perfectly well before the update.

Hi Cross4,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you upload the problematic file here so I can see if I can replicate this behaviour with your file, also if you could let me know what version of Windows you are on. The file will only be used for internal testing purposes

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for sending the file, my machines struggling quite a lot with this file like yours.

I've sent this over to the developers to look into further

I'm afraid nothing of use, the developers have confirmed the issue but I can't say when exactly it will be resolved.

I have a similar problem with a 365 page file that has a lot of photos. It becomes so sluggish I can't  use it and often have to use Task Manager to get out of it. This has happened on both PCs I have and a Mac.

I'm afraid not no, the issue with quite image heavy documents causing some slowdowns is with our developers still.

We have made some improvements to performance with text wrapping causing slowdowns in the latest beta which has just been released, along with some other misc improvements, so you may find performance is better there.

well i'm out of beta now with just affinity pub. started the file over and its slowing down with less pages done that before. i'm honestly getting a bit frustrated here

On 7/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, Cross4 said:

well i'm out of beta now with just affinity pub. started the file over and its slowing down with less pages done that before. i'm honestly getting a bit frustrated here

Well, if your 365 page document is very important to you, Affinity Publisher perhaps is’nt the best for you right now...

Hold in mind that programs like Indesign (Pagemaker) or Quark Xpress has an 20 to 30 year programming background, and, Affinity Publisher is just released in an first commerial version (cost almost nothing compare to the other Pro apps out there)...

Next summer, with one more year of development, Publisher will be an strong competitor to Indesign, but not now (with mega big documents)...

But, with Affinity Publisher (Studio Link) we still can do fantastic things, although not superbig documents...