You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Dev Team,

AP has some nice features/options which we use when editing image, but those are not available when creating macros. i.e. grouping two layers or in Apply Image you can select image/layer, blend mode, opacity, equations when editing, but while recording[and running again] macro only opacity change is available etc... When this will be extended, as currently only simple automation is possible?

Best regards,

Greg

Regards,

Greg

• Staff

Hi Greg,

We don't have a rough ETA for when we will add more functionality to the Macro recorder but it is something we would like to do :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but current is 2nd release, where no changes to macros are done. I didn't notice any change at current beta as well.  We have "tools", "how too" are in this forum/YT/other pages, but we can not create "toolbox" for them, its very annoying. Its like doing frequency separation by creating layers, setting filters and blend modes. Of course you can use filter, but if you don't like what Gaussian blur does[to keep example], than you are in trouble as you need to do all stuff manually.

I think "fine tuning" whats already in should be first priority, maybe in line with updates to keep up-to-date with current photo gear[i.e. CR3 support], that all other "nice to have" features.

Below is one started by me, but if you go via Feature Requests forum, you should find couple more[not my :)]...

Regards,

Greg

I upvote the urgency of making macros section more robust with all my hearth. Currently it's the biggest of few things that are holding me and other companies I work with from completly abandoning Adobe apps.
This + smart object functionality and I think you would get quite a few new customers :)

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2019 at 7:32 AM, Callum said:

Hi Greg,

We don't have a rough ETA for when we will add more functionality to the Macro recorder but it is something we would like to do :)

Thanks

C

Please do! This is the thing that is stopping me from leaving Photoshop. I use my own recorded actions to batch process my cartoons to be exported as tiffs, then jpegs, then pngs and to have to do this individually would mean a massive loss of productivity. I need to be able to have the "export" feature in my macros. Thank you in advance (and hope).

On 5/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, Callum said:

Hi Greg,

Thanks

C

Please add macro shortcuts to the list!