You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Show Text Ruler not working for me

• Staff

Hi MarilynG,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you click once with the Move Tool in a Text Frame it becomes selected but the ruler doesn't appear. You may just want to move it. If you click on it with a text tool or double-click it with the Move Tool it should then display the text frame ruler (menu View > Show Text Ruler must be enabled). Can you check if this is what's going on in your case? Thanks.

Yes, View - Show Text Ruler is enabled. I've tried everything you've suggested in an attempt to get that text ruler to show again--but to no avail. (Multiple times.) (btw double-click with Move Tool changes tool to Text Tool). I don't know what else to try to format the footer--except 3 small text frames...

3 hours ago, MEB said:

Can you please upload the .afpub file using this link so we can take a look? It may also be a casual glitch which should be fixed by a reset but I would like to check the file first.

For what it is worth, I am on Mac Sierra, v. 10.12.6 and using Beta v. 337 have just opened a new document, created a text frame, and the text ruler was right there.    I have  View>Show Text Ruler checked as it has been for every new beta build, and it is still checked.   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.