You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ISSUES INSTALLING NEW VERSION

Hi I have recently tried downloading beta for windows. I previously had af publisher but found increased issues with every update. The latest issue I have is when I go to install the software a window comes up saying it needs in instal some .NET files to install. When I click on install it brings me to a box to install .NET framework 4.7.2.

i then get a message "Failed to install because there is not enough space on the disc" I have disc space and cannot find any info on how much disc space is needed.It has a section that says "For info about the most current version of .net Framework click here... When I click there it gives me instructions on how to check for updates on my system. When I check for updates it says I am up to date. I have googled .NET Framework 4.7.2 and tried installing this update seperately. It then brings me through the same steps. Response is not enough disc space, check system and system says I am up to date. Can anyonw advise what to do. I have never had this.Net framework issue with any other versions. I have never even seen this .Net Frame work installer come up before

Clean out your temp files before you do anything else. WIndows  is SUPPOSED to do that but ... well you know Microsoft

make a text file with the following, save it then change the ending from TXT to BAT. They double click it to run it

@echo off
del "%tmp%\*.*" /s /q /f
FOR /d %%p IN ("%tmp%\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q

OR just paste lines 2 and 3 90 in the RUN box (one at a time of course

Then get something like Wise care utilities to do this for you

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff

This could simply be because your drive is low on space, causing the install to fail (if the .NET prereq was failing for this reason).

If you can attach the contents of "%temp%\AffinitySetup" here I will take a quick look over the install log and see if I can confirm this.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.