You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Big diffrence in price € - $

The prices I found online on review websites where 49.99 DOLLAR. Yet when I came to their website I found prices of 54.99 EURO. When you do a exchange rate on it becomes 64.56 DOLLAR. Which is a increase of 14.57 DOLLAR each. 

When I then took the url and went to my TOR browser I found that the prices given by the review sites where actually correct. So why is it that you do things like this? If it would have been the same price for everyone I would have payed up.

I am awaiting your response and a explenation as to why this is done.

affinity.jpg

Edited by ZoeF

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Zoe. :)

The Affinity Store prices are the same as the Mac App Store (MAS) prices. The MAS prices are set by Apple, and their pricing matrix takes into account the cost of doing business in different countries around the world.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

54 minutes ago, SFurniss said:

The main reason for the price difference is due to tax. Those based in Europe are liable to pay VAT where as those based in the US are not.

Those based in the US aren’t liable for VAT as such, but they have other sales taxes.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

15 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Those based in the US aren’t liable for VAT as such, but they have other sales taxes.

Not all states have sales tax. I think there is at least one other besides Oregon that doesn't. And there is no Federal sales tax.

But trust me, states in the USA exact their pound of flesh one way or the other (in several ways, really).