You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

object scrolling bug

Actually, scrolling does work but slightly different than in Illustrator. You have to "hover" the cursor at the top/left edge of the horizontal/vertical scrollbar instead of dragging it past the scrollbar. Then the page will scroll as well.

Yes, as Arte says, dragging past the confines of the rulers and scrollbars does stop the scrolling if you go too far. Watch how the mouse pointer stays near the edges of the rulers and scrollbars on the video.
I can’t see anything in the Preferences about scrolling. I think this is default behaviour and can’t be turned on/off.

49 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Sì, come dice Arte, trascinando oltre i confini dei righelli e delle barre di scorrimento si ferma lo scorrimento. Guarda come il puntatore del mouse rimane vicino ai bordi dei righelli e delle barre di scorrimento sul video.
Non riesco a vedere nulla nelle Preferenze sullo scorrimento. Penso che questo sia un comportamento predefinito e non può essere attivato / disattivato.

Ok now it works for me too. yes I extended myself beyond the rulers and the scroll bars.

I think it's more intuitive as it works in Adobe.
Then oh well they are choices.

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Good to know it's working. One less thing for the developers to look at.

Yes but it would be more logical to have the scroll of the page dragging even beyond the rulers.
As it is now you have to be careful in stopping first otherwise you won't move the work table

I couldn’t say whether it is more logical to have the scrolling continue when the mouse pointer moves beyond the rulers and scrollbars or not.
However, my guess would be that, since the application should also work as much as possible in the same way on an iPad - where you only have the physical screen area to ‘drag’ on - it might make more sense to have a tightly defined area of the screen for this kind of dragging functionality.
Or, to put it another way, when the user drags down the screen on an iPad they can only drag to the bottom of the screen, and no further, because their finger can’t extend the drag beyond the physical screen. Because of that I think it may be correct that the desktop applications use the same sort of functionality so users on both device types have a similar experience.
I don’t own or use an iPad but this sounds sensible to me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.