You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF text rendering issues in Affinity Designer

I created a pdf using Sketchup Layout.

The pdf renders perfectly in Adobe reader and Illustrator.  However there appears to be some text rendering difficulties in Affinity Designer.  Some text is missing and what is displayed is poorly grouped, broken and jumbled and it is difficult to edit.  Please see the attached images.

All the fonts are installed on my system.

I have tried all 4 on/off variants of the checkboxes in PDF Options > 'favour editable text over fidelity' AND 'group lines of text into text frames'.  The results vary - but none of them match the original pdf.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there a workaround?

designer.jpg

pdf reader.jpg

• Staff

Hi Rcoopr :)

Sorry to see you're having trouble. Could you please provide a copy of your PDF and any fonts used in this to the following link? This will allow me to investigate this further!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/9mTAuFsLfqDLPVvesrKW

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks! I'm a member of the Technical Support team for Affinity, but our developers do use this forum also, you can see all staff here. :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for your file! When importing the PDF please untick both options; 'Favor editable text over fidelity' & 'Group lines of text into text frames'. Your PDF should now import without issue :)