You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

To make AP more UI friendly - to me - I am considering adding a second display.

Keeping the original Eizo EV2436W (1920x1200) so the the AP UI is easily visible to me and displaying the image I want to work on with a 4K 24" display as yet unchosen.

My MacPro should run both of them with ease but I do not know if I can use the displays as I wish either from the Macs point of view or AFs?

Using a larger (27') 4k would seem to be the solution but AFs UI is tiny without scaling and scaling kinda destroys the point of it usage for image quality. I always edit in a zoomed image, again to help with the eyesight difficulty hence 4K being my preference.

I hope I have made the question clear.

Any thought/knowledge passed on would be much appreciated.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

You want the image you will be editing on the 2nd monitor and all the palettes on the first Eizo correct?

I'll be honest, it has been years since I used dual monitors so that is several Operating Systems back but it worked with the caveat that at times various programs would 'forget' where the various windows were supposed to go. The Mac OS System Preferences was quite useful in setting it up, I got used to keeping it open all the time for maintaining the orientation. One of the hassles I had was just getting used to the cursor changing size as it crossed the border, I would lose sight of it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Sharkey,

from Affinity's perspective you should have no issues using dual monitors while using the app in separated mode :)

Is that true for the way I described my prospective usage. eg. UI on Eiazo and image on new 4K?

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Is that true for the way I described my prospective usage. eg. UI on Eiazo and image on new 4K?

It should be fine as far as I'm aware unfortunately we don't have monitors like that here in the office so I can't say for sure.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.