You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where did Construction Mode go?

I was looking for construction mode as described here:

"Node and Pen tools have a new Construction mode which gives easy access to common construction features to help you build complicated shapes or intersections accurately and easily."

I remember testing it in an earlier version of the 1.7 Beta, but it seems to be missing from my context toolbar.

Was this feature removed from the beta, or has my GUI blindness reached new heights?  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.41aa5a4cadb7b47cd20c1df0696b9b8c.png

• Staff

Construction mode was removed a while ago and will be returning as a tool that makes construction objects. Which release notes or help says it exists please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Yes, thank you. In December that was the case. It was removed in it's current form shortly after. We don't tend to edit spotlight articles but with the launch imminent it may be prudent not to leave that in it's current form. It was really a Designer feature and that is where it will likely return first.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@KateM Please consider a change to that affinity spotlight article, thank you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.